Gloranthan Sourcebook

Zulfikar Zaban

5 hours ago, Zulfikar Zaban said:

Why is the Gloranthan Sourcebook not available to "Add to Cart"?

@Dustin O'Chaosium @Rick Meints @... I dunno, whoever over there is in charge of the webstore.

Product page says it's in stock in US/UK/Aus warehouses, but no "Add to Cart" button.

Neither is the toplevel "RuneQuest Glorantha" webstore page showing the button (where it's the ONLY product (without an "Add to Cart" link), nor the Heroquest page ...

C'es ne pas un .sig

9 hours ago, David Scott said:

We don't have any in stock ...

Well, that explains it; TYVM!

Would it be possible -- and worthwhile in terms of time/ROI -- to code/automate the webstore to show "Out of stock, but more have been ordered from the printer!" (presuming stock have been ordered for the item)?  Or if none are ordered, "Out of stock.  We are investigating POD options" (presuming it looks like a low-volume item that doesn't justify a whole print-run)?

I guess it'd call for some sort of extra linkage -- between your print/order mechanism with your printer(s), and your webstore selling to customers -- for it to be fully automated.

But even as a mere fan, I've noticed these sorts of queries quite a few times; I presume you folks have seen it much more than I have!  So you're already investing some effort into manual, per-occasion answers...

9 hours ago, David Scott said:

... more coming soon.

And now the (inevitable) followup:  how soon is "soon"?  Is there an ETA?   😉

Presumably you cannot automate this part, other than a blanket "too many issues outside Chaosium control, or even visibility, for us to reliably ETA this."  Which maybe (given the inevitability of this followup) puts an upper limit on the worthwhile-ness / ROI available from such automation ...

Edited by g33k
clarity
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig