Hon Eel and Ana Tor

Qizilbashwoman

7 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

Soooooo is Hon Eel's spin in Tarsh and Her subsequent revelation as Human Sacrifice God connected to/imitation of Ana Gor, or no?

I say it is connected, possibly in a detrimental way. As soon as she intrudes into the Illaro dynasty rites, Sorana Tor loses the prestige as the bringer of sovereignty, and the FHQ grabs at the opportunity and establishes herself (and her matrilineal offspring) in that role.

The cult of Maran Gor has used this "blood for fertility" rite in Dragon Pass for time immemorial. Even if you lost a battle at home, the next harvest would be bountiful so you could start to rebuild.

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

10 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

Soooooo is Hon Eel's spin in Tarsh and Her subsequent revelation as Human Sacrifice God connected to/imitation of Ana Gor, or no?

I think it's probably the fallout from a magical duel, yeah. She attempted to Lunarize Sorana Tor, Sorana Tor demanded a few things in return. 

Something similar probably happened in Oraya with the contest against the Pentan shaman, but there Hon-Eel seems to have gotten away less affected. 

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

On 11/26/2019 at 7:31 AM, Qizilbashwoman said:

Probably. Hon Eel spent a long time studying Solar Mythology before competing with the Reverend Mother of Horses (?) to produce the strongest sun Deity and also spent time learning the secrets of the Earth before appearing in the innermost Earth Mysteries when she assaulted Tarsh, so she has a history of intense mythical study before embarking on a project. That would probably have included Ana Gor and similar Earth Mysteries.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

5 minutes ago, soltakss said:

also spent time learning the secrets of the Earth before appearing in the innermost Earth Mysteries when she assaulted Tarsh, so she has a history of intense mythical study before embarking on a project. That would probably have included Ana Gor and similar Earth Mysteries.

If you think about the primary Tarsh earth goddesses, you have Ernalda and Maran Gor centered around Kero Fin and her avatar Sorana Tor. Both benevolent and hostile aspects of the Earth alongside sovereignty and sacrifice. What better place for a Lunar goddess of the Earth to interject herself! 

• Like 2