Call of Cthulhu (7th ed.) Table Tracker Chart

Travern

7E179898-3E87-4CBC-8AF1-45D4DFAF5840.png.db8d636840a04401471067a726190a01.png

Inspired by Will Doyle/@BeholderPie's table tracker for D&D/AL, I whipped up this minimal version for Call of Cthulhu to help Keepers organize convention one-shots and FLGS pick-up games.

Would people be interested in a version with more skills for concealed rolls besides the favorites Listen and Spot Hidden? Navigation and Psychology are obvious candidates, as are APP and Credit Rating for NPC’s general reactions to PCs.  (How often do Keepers here make concealed rolls for Disguise, Fast Talk, Intimidate, Navigation, Persuade, Psychology or Stealth anyway?) What of professional information along with the PC’s name, or how about a space for phobias/manias/injuries?

(I also have a more detailed version with Sanity and Hit Points for Keepers who prefer to keep score of those and only describe effects to players.)

• Like 7
  • Helpful 1

This is really nice aid for Keepers.

Would it be OK to try and turn this into an aid that could link back to Investigator sheets stored on The Dhole's House? I'm planning a Keeper's section and this would make a great addition to that. I'm envisaging an area that Keeper's can access that would allow their players to cede copies of the Investigator sheets to the Keeper and allocate them to games/campaigns and be up-datable by both Player and Keeper.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, carnage_lee said:

Would it be OK to try and turn this into an aid that could link back to Investigator sheets stored on The Dhole's House?

That’s an interesting idea—let’s revisit this once I’ve finalized it.  (I’d also like to clear further  usage with Will Doyle since he created the original version for D&D and was kind enough to OK my CoC version)  Cheers,

Edited by Travern

I don't really wanna be That Guy.

Really, I don't.

But I'm gonna be, I'm afraid...

What I do for this is use 3x5 cards as "GM's mini character-sheets" at the table.  Character & player name, whatever stats/etc I need.  It is tremendously more versatile than any fixed sheet...

I can lay out the cards in a circle (as above), "fan" them like a hand of playing-cards, stack them (table order going 'round (clockwise or counterclockwise), character-order (initiative-order, marching order, etc), etc), etc...  I can "segregate" my cards -- these ones have ranged weapons, those ones do not;...these ones are standing on the dock, those ones are still in the boat; etc...

I can insert a card for "5 Mooks" and another for "Mook's Leader" into an initiative-stack.

Having 1-2 players more than a "Table Tracker" can track is a non-issue (I admit -- having fewer players on such a Table Tracker sheet is also a non-issue... other than bothering the OCD'ish who find blank "sheets" a problem... which I personally am totally OK with! ... <twitch>)

I do see the advantage of having the whole "table" laid out to track as per this "table tracker," for sure!  I think what I'll do is add a clipboard and a couple of oversized rubber bands, so I can hold my 3x5 cards in a circular(ish) array at need.

===

But I've got to admit, there's some good work put into this!  And I see the time-savings in having all the formatting & labeling &c done and pre-printed...

So I'm wondering:  what about setting up just your little mini-character-sheet format from the "Table Tracker", only in an array for printing out and cutting up into 8 (or so) mini-sheets to use in the ways I outlined above? 

FWIW...

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

23 hours ago, g33k said:

What I do for this is use 3x5 cards as "GM's mini character-sheets" at the table.  Character & player name, whatever stats/etc I need.  It is tremendously more versatile than any fixed sheet...

This certainly sounds like a helpful Keepers tool, especially if you have the time to customize them.  I’ve also seen something similar for GMs to hang over the edges of their screens (it looks like someone launched a Kickstarter for something similar for D&D).

23 hours ago, g33k said:

But I've got to admit, there's some good work put into this!  And I see the time-savings in having all the formatting & labeling &c done and pre-printed...

So I'm wondering:  what about setting up just your little mini-character-sheet format from the "Table Tracker", only in an array for printing out and cutting up into 8 (or so) mini-sheets to use in the ways I outlined above? 

That’s a possibility.  I want to get a better sense of what Keepers regard as essential information first, while I’m working on finalizing this table tracker.  Personally, I prefer a single sheet for the purposes of organization, but I appreciate there are many different approaches.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you for this, I had the "Keeper's Revenge" version printed on Acrylic through the Frame Shop at the Michael's store where I work in 8x10 and then ordered one as an 11x14 as the 8x10 while nice it was harder to get the 1/2 and 1/5 scores in for Spot Hidden and Listen.

On them I use either Wet Erase Markers or Dry Erase Markers (wet erase doesnt rub off as easily) so that I can reuse it again and again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I'm pleased to hear you find it useful. I'm sorry that the boxes for 1/2 and 1/5 scores are hard to fill in, though. With only so much space available, I'd have to reduce the size of the Name/Player area to increase the skill boxes'. I don't know if that would be an acceptable tradeoff for people.

It also occurs to me that I could try experimenting with a PDF version, even a fillable one, if there's demand for it.

• Like 1

When I printed the tracker out on paper the 1/2 and 1/5 boxes were easily fill-able by me using a .5mm mechanical pencil, its just that the version i had printed n acrylic it is a bit harder as dry erase markers dont have that fine of a point as a mechanical pencil does, this isnt a fault of the tracker as it wasnt designed to be filled in with a fat tipped dry erase marker.