Who is the artist of these drawings?

Runeblogger

On 4/2/2023 at 2:47 PM, coffeemancer said:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
My next project is thus: I am going to sew a rider honour belt!

But I need help!
I am usure as to what these dognles are, how they are used and thus, how I should pattern them. If anyone got any good ideas or knowledge please share.
Second, I need a bunch of scythian GOLD! so send me gold! Or help me out figuring some smart solutions. So far I am just grabbing every decorative piece of metal I can and I will spray paint them gold, I'll take any ideas y'all can spare here. Specially if you know anything about how I could easily make images or emboss metal plates bought at the hardware store. Or if you know of any cheap metal stuff that looks fitting that I could buy online.

image.png.6e2428adb48da617c7666c96efdb58cc.png

Sorry for the late reply, probably not relevant anymore. 

The honor belts were intended to be overlapped on the body and tied kinda like a wraparound skirt. I imagined the ends would need to interlock and tie together pretty tightly to carry the weight, so that was sort of me freestyling something that looked plausible as a fastening mechanism. 
Feel free to invent something more functional!

For the belt material itself I'd suggest something load-bearing and tough, leather or maybe felt?

As for the plaques - I know some museums used to sell sheet metal stamping kits for making Scythian stuff, and if you were to make this - I would go for really thin sheet metal so that the weight is not massive and so that it can wear properly.

Metal foil over wooden/bone plaques might also work?

Edited by JanPospisil
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JanPospisil said:

Metal foil over wooden/bone plaques might also work?

When I was doing some metal embossing years ago, we'd make impressions in light metal sheets (usually copper) then fill the back sides with a mixture of wood glue and sawdust for strength.  There were a variety of chemical treatments we'd use for different finishes, too, but spray paint may be simplest.

!i!

• Like 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

• 1 month later...