Free Lovecraftian Movies

This week, I watched both "Dagon" (2001) and "Final Prayer" (2013) on Tubi TV for free with commercials. Many of you have probably seen Dagon as it is somewhat famous, but Final Prayer ("The Borderlands" in the UK) is more recent and probably not widely known.

Final Prayer is very similar to a Call of Cthulhu scenario, with investigators, research into old journals, hidden secrets, rituals, a village cult, and so on. Watch them both on Tubi TV before they leave soon.

Dagon (2001)

Final Prayer (2013)

Tubi TV has quite an extensive selection of both newer and older horror movies which can be used to write CoC scenarios.

• Like 2

Tubi TV is not available in the EU (since 2018), but works on a VPN. You'll need to make sure your adblocker doesn't run on the domain too.

Don't forget H.P. Lovecraft's The Evil Clergyman is on their too! at 30 mins long, its still to long 🙂

• Haha 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

I love In the Mouth of Madness - it answers the question we've all asked at some point, what happens to the world if someone creates a pulp fiction mass market appeal version of the Necronomicon.

Dreams in the Witch House is a good adaption.

I like "The Screwfly Solution". While not strictly a Lovecraftian story, it has a significant horror theme, about a plot to end mankind so subtle yet brutal only a handful of people realise there is an intelligent agency behind the growing catastrophe.

• Like 1

The two season Masters of Horror series on Tubi TV has two very Lovecraftian episodes: "H. P. Lovecraft's Dreams in the Witch-House" and "Cigarette Burns." Ezra Godden from "Dagon" is Walter Gilman in the Witch-House episode. Cigarette Burns is directed by John Carpenter and is probably the best episode of the series, IMO.

22 hours ago, ColoradoCthulhu said:

This week, I watched both "Dagon" (2001) and "Final Prayer" (2013) on Tubi TV for free with commercials. Many of you have probably seen Dagon as it is somewhat famous, but Final Prayer ("The Borderlands" in the UK) is more recent and probably not widely known.

Final Prayer is very similar to a Call of Cthulhu scenario, with investigators, research into old journals, hidden secrets, rituals, a village cult, and so on. Watch them both on Tubi TV before they leave soon.

Dagon (2001)

Final Prayer (2013)

Tubi TV has quite an extensive selection of both newer and older horror movies which can be used to write CoC scenarios.

Nice, I'm going to (hopefully, if I get time) watch Dagon for the first time:) Never heard of Tubi TV before...

• Like 1

-Voice of the Legion

Forgot Crouch End - Stephen King's mythos version of happens if you end up in the wrong part of London.

And how could I forget Granma, Stephen King's story about what happens when a little boy is left alone in the house with an aged relative who read too many of the wrong books. Can't find the link right now, but its out there somewhere.

Edited by EricW
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly Lovecraftian, but some of the classic Brit Horror is certainly tropey enough to be retrapped for a Mythos plot

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

While I've always known of and seen "Dagon" on You Tube, and I have a DVD of "Horror Express" (not Lovcraftian as such but definitely a 'watcher'), I'm thankful for the heads-up for "The Lurking Fear". I didn't know it had been made - and I aint seen it yet ;) - but this is one of my favourite Lovcraftian/CoC 'game' stories.

I'll tell you if I'm grateful for the film after I've watched it!

Bugger - Tubi is non-EU/UK!

Edited by Stormkhan Cogg of Pavis
  • Like 1