Fioracitta Product Line?

Alex Greene

I think everyone who's worked on Fioracitta is hugely gratified by its reception this weekend, and hope to see the title really taking off in time to come. I know I am hugely pleased, and grateful.

Depending on sales of Fioracitta and the adventure I'm still writing, which I'm calling Scandalous Liaisons, this weekend I've seriously been contemplating further products to support the Fioracitta line. If Fioracitta takes off, at least I know I'll be happy to create further works for this supplement and setting. I've spoken to people, and there's some good feedback for this idea.

So, I'm casting feelers out here. Once you've got Fioracitta in your hands, or on your tablets, laptops, whatever, what do you think? Do you want more titles to expand upon the glamour and weirdness and charm of The Heart of Power? Supplements and adventures?

Give it a think. Let us know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Author of Fioracitta for Mythras and the 2d6 SFRPG setting of Castrobancla.

4 hours ago, 1000buffalo said:

Just ordered up a softcopy of Fioracitta, so will let you know when it arrives.  I usually like to do my first read through a printed book (when I get one).

I hope you took advantage of the free PDF option for softcover and hardcover purchases.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 3:12 AM, Vile Traveller said:

Especially adventures. I like setting expansion through adventures rather than gazetteers.

See now... I'm just the opposite!  I like my setting/fluff/sandbox stuff in a book I can return to over and over, and enjoy repeatedly.  I don't want those materials burdened with some rando-adventure text.

Adventures tend (for me) to be one-and-done single-use products, so PDF/etc is my preferred media (to minimize both expen$e, and physical waste).

This is somewhat mitigated by the way the players experience things:  adventures as the setting-via-experience (is this the main basis for your preference, @Vile Traveller?).  The solution here, of course, is to produce an adventure, adventure-arc / minicampaign, or even a full-blown campaign, that tightly integrates / cross-references to the associated setting-book(s).

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Guest Vile Traveller

To elaborate, the reason I say that is because I find it more difficult to read up and internalise setting background on its own, whereas if it's tied to an adventure both I and my players get it more readily. Thereafter I can more easily use it for my own adventures.

12 minutes ago, Vile Traveller said:

To elaborate, the reason I say that is because I find it more difficult to read up and internalise setting background on its own, whereas if it's tied to an adventure both I and my players get it more readily. Thereafter I can more easily use it for my own adventures.

It's the same with me. I rarely use adventures as written, but having a narrative thread applied to the background material makes it much easier to digest and remember for me. Also, I must confess that big setting books tend to intimidate me ...

However, I'm often torn about this. If an adventure is too narrative, it becomes really hard to mine it for your own campaign. I actually like what Iron Crown Enterprises did with their old modules for MERP - they were basically mini-sourcebooks with a small setting, some NPCs and one or several missions attached. Reading the better ones, you could easily see the potential narrative unfold, but at the same time, the setting material was presented in a very logical way that made it really easy to hack in all kinds of ways.

• Like 1

Again, that's what Scandalous Liaisons will do - allow players to explore Fioracitta and make use of plenty of references within the book.

Oh, and there are some useful references to Mythras Companion, if you have that book and want to put those rules into action, along with rules for players and GMs who do not have access to that book.

Guest Vile Traveller
11 hours ago, Jakob said:

I actually like what Iron Crown Enterprises did with their old modules for MERP - they were basically mini-sourcebooks with a small setting, some NPCs and one or several missions attached.

The I.C.E. modules are exactly what I was channelling when I said that! 😎

On 10/7/2020 at 3:20 AM, Alex Greene said:

I hope you took advantage of the free PDF option for softcover and hardcover purchases.

Oh, absolutely. I prefer to do a first read of the printed book, but definitely got the PDF + POD package. Much appreciate the pdf being free for that option!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, that was really easy.

I just sped up all the stat blocking of the supporting characters, antagonists, and special guest stars of the adventure Scandalous Liaisons by using OpenOffice Calc. Generated them all at once. Physical combat stats and social conflict stats, too.

Edited by Alex Greene
  • Like 1