Kaija, Godzilla and other Big Monsters

rpgstarwizard

In the wiki section we've got a write-up for the Cloverfield monsters, and there've been several mecha threads. However, I think Firefly Games' Monster Island would be a smoother fit if you're looking for monster-on-monster action. Now, if you're throwing 'em at the PCs, you've have to use BRP (and a greatly expanded size chart!).

Anyone ever create Godzilla like critters for a game and what was the setting

Yeah, I've done that. In a previous campaign, there was a "sea dragon" that lived in the ocean surrounding the island where the group was adventuring. While I didn't call it Gojira/Godzilla, it was common knowledge just what the dragon actually was.

Statting out Dai-Kaiju can be problematic in most RPGs. Especially if you wish to keep true to the source material with Goji tipping the scales at 20,000 metric tons (or more depending on which Goji you use).

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

I've never used Godzilla in a game, but she is statted up in Secrets of Japan for Call of Cthulhu.

The "generic Goji" isn't statted up much like Gojira. Basically the stats are about the same as the RQ/BRP Dragon. A real goji would be much larger (SIZ) and tougher (a tank shell would kill the thing written up in SoJ).

I think someone statted Gojira up in a thread here, in Summer 2008. I cannot find the link, though.

Gojira should be between 80 and 100 SIZ, with 20-30 armor points. This would make it almost immune to tank shells.

But those newfangled Frontier missiles can give him a bad time! (Don't worry. The Army always loses anyway.) :D

Now, something like the Beast From 20,000 Fathoms or King Kong or Them! would be easier for BRP to handle.

I think someone statted Gojira up in a thread here, in Summer 2008. I cannot find the link, though.

Gojira should be between 80 and 100 SIZ, with 20-30 armor points. This would make it almost immune to tank shells.

No, considing the 20,000 ton mass he should be closeo SIZ 1800!

And 25 AP isn't going to stop much of a tank gun. Battleships are in that armor range in BRP and a modern tank gun could shoot through the belt armor of a battleship.

I read on another forums that BRP stats for Gojira/Godzilla have been published in CoC Modern: Secrets of Japan, only renamed as 'Gazira' or something like that.

Unfortunately, since I only play CoC Classic, I don't own the book so I couldn't tell you anything about the range of its statistics.

RPGbericht (Dutch)

• 4 weeks later...