RuneQuest Gamemaster’s Guide

resurrected duck

11 minutes ago, resurrected duck said:

The player's guide makes reference to the RuneQuest Gamemaster’s Guide several times, e.g. p.305. Is it in fact the Gamemaster's screen pack or is it some forthcoming book?

It’s a book that we all eagerly await.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

17 hours ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

Very eagerly await. I'd possibly put Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha ahead of it, but only possibly. 

Concur: RQ:RiG exposes enough Gods/Goddesses to get some feeling for how they work, but getting a guide that (hopefully) provides information for raw GMs to create their own scenarios, encounters (and correlating rewards for such) -- instead of relying on pre-published adventure books which they may not be able to justify $$-wise.

13 hours ago, Runeblade said:

I hope they increase the number of options for background items/heirlooms etc in character creation in the GM Guide or Equipment book. Expand that table greatly. Or if they update the core rules.

I don't think they will be revisiting the core book or providing updates to it anytime soon. I am pretty sure that the Equipment book will add loads of stuff you could homebrew in instead of what is presented in the Core book however. I run and play a lot of RQ games and I've never noticed those lists being particularly restricting or had any players complain about it so I would guess there isn't a large appetite for that? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaz said:

I don't think they will be revisiting the core book or providing updates to it anytime soon. I am pretty sure that the Equipment book will add loads of stuff you could homebrew in instead of what is presented in the Core book however. I run and play a lot of RQ games and I've never noticed those lists being particularly restricting or had any players complain about it so I would guess there isn't a large appetite for that? 

It's always good with a wider range of stuff, but I imagine there will also be a lot of magical equipment?

55 minutes ago, Runeblade said:

I was hoping for magical equipment as well.

Really don't want to abuse any privilege and steal any of Jeff or Jason's thunder however I think it's a pretty fair guess.

• Like 1