RQG scenarios

Manu

Hi,

I played already few scenarios doe RQG. Very nice.

But why aren't there any scenarios with broos? Did they disappear from the face of Glorantha? None with Uz also (except maybe smoking ruins butI'm not found of this scenario at the first reading)! I probably missed some.

The Jonstown Compendium community content store is your friend. Legion and Kovid's Nineteen have broos; Rocks Fall and Jorthan's Rescue have trolls. Both species get episodes in The Company of the Dragon. And I probably missed some.

My own take? Scenarios featuring broos and trolls are pretty easy to write ("there are some tough monsters living in a ruin/cave, go clean it out"). I am glad Chaosium is publishing more complex, mythic adventures.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

...  My own take? Scenarios featuring broos and trolls are pretty easy to write ("there are some tough monsters living in a ruin/cave, go clean it out"). I am glad Chaosium is publishing more complex, mythic adventures.

Since they can be every bit as cunning and nuanced as humans, I'm reluctant to reduce Broos -- and especially DarkFolk! -- to "tough monsters" the PC's should "go clean out."

Obviously, Trollpak (or Trollpack, whenever it comes) has plenty of resources for the Uz sort of thing; but I'd love to see some "official" content before then...

Broo are more-purely-adversarial; but the whole disease-thing (and nuBroo "Alien" style reproductive habits) make them more a "horror" sort of storyline, IMHO.  They are still smart foes, not just "tough" foes (and should be GM'ed as such)!

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

12 hours ago, Manu said:

But why aren't there any scenarios with broos? Did they disappear from the face of Glorantha?

I think the old-school "rapey" broos are no longer canonical.  They now reproduce in a more Alien-esque parasitic manner.

Even so, it's ... icky.  I expect that Chaosium doesn't see that material as selling very well.  Between the old-school fans who want the original back (and thus will be unhappy) and the customers who just don't want to deal with the ick-factor, Chaosium probably thinks that content is best deferred until "later... if ever."

But I am *NOT* Chaosium, and don't actually know their thinking on this.

It may simply be that the adventures they publish these days are based (mostly) on freelancers' work, and nobody has submitted anything Broo-ish...

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 3/31/2021 at 9:15 AM, Manu said:

But why aren't there any scenarios with broos?

I ran a scenario with broos for an online Convention last year. The PCs were Chaos Creatures and at least one was a Broo. They had to find a woman who had been kidnapped by that most fearsome of opponents, a band of Adventurers.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

24 minutes ago, soltakss said:

I ran a scenario with broos for an online Convention last year. The PCs were Chaos Creatures and at least one was a Broo. They had to find a woman who had been kidnapped by that most fearsome of opponents, a band of Adventurers.

Was the woman also Chaotic?

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/