Praxian Tribe cult breakdown

Scorus

Are there any breakdowns of the relative cult affiliations of a Praxian Tribe, similar to what we have seen for specific Sartar clans or cities? I'm specifically interested in the Bison Tribe, but any non-Lunar Tribe would be useful. Thanks!

I don't know of a specific tribe-by-tribe breakdown that is more recent than RQ2. Much of that earlier information has been retconned and I don't know how much of it applies to the Praxian tribes.

What I can say is this:

The Bison People, in all editions, are pretty much the standard by which most other Praxian peoples are judged. They and the Alticamelus [High Llama] People are the two largest tribes, with the Sables coming in a close third. Insofar as cult membership goes, you can count on most males being Waha cultists, most females being Eiritha cultists, a healthy percentage of both being Storm Bull cultists [maybe as much as 10% of all adults], and the ancestors being worshiped through Daka Fal and Grandfather Bison. There will also be a solid membership in Foundchild as a hunter cult, but most hunters are also members of Waha as well. Bisons are not known for having a significant percentage of non-Praxian cults among them, sticking close to their own native traditions.

9 minutes ago, soltakss said:

There is a breakdown in Cults of Prax.

However, @David Scottor @Scotty posted a more detailed and updated breakdown of Cults by Praxian Tribe.

Is that a Jonstown source or Chaosium 'official'? I know in some of my Rhino Tribe discussions, a lot of folks have told me 'they're not like that anymore' etc. so I'd like to see the source of all that.

1 minute ago, svensson said:

Is that a Jonstown source or Chaosium 'official'?

I think he posted it at BRP Central.

To be honest, I don't care if something is by Chaosium or the Jonstown Compendium, if it is useful it is useful.

This is the table from Cults of Prax.

image.png.a56c1d680b8df998b4bff759da4e412a.png

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

7 hours ago, Scorus said:

Are there any breakdowns of the relative cult affiliations of a Praxian Tribe, similar to what we have seen for specific Sartar clans or cities? I'm specifically interested in the Bison Tribe, but any non-Lunar Tribe would be useful. Thanks!

Appendix C is an excellent guide, and obviously needs a few tiny updates, for example, spirit cults are missing. Generally speaking all of the tribes have Other at 5% which covers spirit cults and minor cults not otherwise mentioned. There are Storm Bulls & Humakti in all the tribes, if there is no value then in the other section. I suggest removing Zorak Zoran and putting the remainder into other (still there, but other). Morokanth with their Darkness rune affinity keep their ZZ cultists, but I suggest switching the 14% ZZ with 4% Storm Bull or split 9/9. Finally, the % are different in the vary in the time periods available:

1572-1610 Usual moon affiliations and spirit cults

1610-1625 Lunarisation of moon affiliations and spirit cults, introduction of Lunar cults and synergetic moon cults

1625+ Reduction of Lunar cults and synergetic moon cults, lunarised moon affiliations and spirit cults remain lunarised.

There's a whole thread on the Praxian Tradition here: 

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, svensson said:

I know in some of my Rhino Tribe discussions, a lot of folks have told me 'they're not like that anymore' etc. so I'd like to see the source of all that.

I don't know what they're not like anymore to say what is different. Not like what?

Given that the main sources for the Rhino tribe were nomad gods and Cults of Prax. There's not much overall that's been published. The most up-to-date material in Pavis GTA, and includes a mention of the patron cult Great Rhino. The beast is detailed in the RuneQuest Bestiary.

Here's some of the Rhino stuff I researched for the Prax book: 

bear in mind that there are only 18k, so 4.5k men / 4.5k women /9k children. So about 35-37 clans. 

At the Dawn there were only three Rhinoceros families, numbering at most 75 people. Although the world was born anew, the fertility of the clan was severely damaged due to its link with the Earth. By the time Dal-Gar became Most Respected Elder at the Paps in 139, the clan was down to one family, and that had hardly grown in the last few generations. Through epic ritual and heroquesting she doubled the fertility of the clan and reestablished the family in their ancestral grazing of the Rhinoceros Rocklands.

[...]

In 1049, Han-Gar Rhino Mother was chosen by Eiritha to be Most Respected Elder at the Paps. She took her husband and Khan of the Rhino tribe Jorbal as Paps Khan. Together they had completed some of the greatest magics that the Rhino tribe had ever seen, halting the tribe’s downfall into complete obscurity. Returning together from the Green Age, Han-Gar gave birth to a son who became one of the greatest sires amongst the tribe’s beasts. Once again great magics doubled the fertility of the tribe.

There's a bit more here: 

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Here is the Bison breakdown:

BISON

Cult                               D100              %

Orlanth                        01–05            5

Eiritha                          06–39            34

Chalana Arroy          40                    1

Issaries                        41–42            2

Daka Fal                      43–49            7

Humakt                       50–56            7

Storm Bull                  57–63            7

Waha                            64–93            30

Foundchild                 94                    1