HeroLab now supports CoC and Basic.

jkeown

I'll have to download the demo and take a look! I'm always interested in character management software, both from a player and GM perspective. Already own DM Genie, and if this does a good job with character management as well, I see no problem with purchasing it as well. Thanks for the info on it.

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

When I mentioned BRP in passing over there, one of the developers mentioned that at some point here its going to have support for BRP, but he didn't give a timeline.

Its a good program in general, and one of the better ones for getting into the guts and editing for house rules and the like, though like most such things, the more radical the change the more work it is. The M&M version is excellent.

, though like most such things, the more radical the change the more work it is.

Show me a software that does not follow this principle and I'll persuade the Nobel Foundation to create the Nobel Prize for Computer Science.

In any case, this software is definitely good. But it lacks support for playing the game, something which Fantasy Grounds and MapTools have.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

In any case, this software is definitely good. But it lacks support for playing the game, something which Fantasy Grounds and MapTools have.

I don't know about the other systems HeroLab covers, but the Cortex system version has a tactical console that's pretty beefy... it can basically handle combat entirely itself. It's listed as a regular feature of the software, so I doubt it's exclusive to Cortex.

For ease, here's the list of features it promises:

In-Play Support for Players and GMs

* In-Play tabs keeps track of limited use items, such as arrows, potions and charges, as well as in-game modifiers, such as spell effects and feats that modifier your hero's abilities.

* The Tactical Console allows GMs to manage encounters between players and NPCs. Out of combat, it allows you to see important skills, saving throws, and other aspects of each hero. GMs can also add NPCs and enemies to keep track of the party and their adversaries all at once.

* In combat, the Tactical Console shows you who has and hasn't acted, initiative scores, delayed and readied actions, and all the information you need at a glance - saving throws, armor class, weapon details, and more.

* GMs can use hundreds of stock heroes as "quick and dirty" NPCs within their games. Need a 7th level Gnoll Rogue teamed up with a Bugbear Barbarian? No problem!

* Fully customizable dice roller is included. Specify how many and what size dice, add/subtract from each die or total roll, roll dice and drop the lowest/highest, count successes against a set target number, and even adjust the threshold at which die results explode!

http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab&page=features

• 3 weeks later...