Dark Walk

Ryan Kent

The way I'd rule things is that magical Darkness like Create Shadow always allows Dark Walk to be used, even if it is just "a haze in sunlight", but in natural darkness it needs to be at least as dark as a clear night. Once you've cast the spell I'd give a little more leeway with the light level, maybe up to "very edge of torch light", but the invisibility might start to flicker a bit around there. Almost any amount of magical light demolishes it though.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 10:43 AM, David Scott said:

That's where that subcult is found. Lots of subcults have geographic limitations.

Eurmal can also get Invisibility as an associate of Raven, so a quick trip to Prax is also possible.

Based on the rulebook alone I just figured I would sprinkle my Glorantha with random subcults of Eurmal, as my mood goes. So for instance in my current campaign the Eurmal site near Alone (in Tres lands) has been established as having some limb detaching spell. But it could have been any other subcult from the rulebook or of our own invention.

Are you hinting at the Cults book giving more guidance about what Eurmal subcult is found where?

The previously mentioned Orlanth rune lord earned it on a raid deep into the troll lands of the Rubble. Under RQG, we've At the gamemaster’s discretion, an initiate can gain access to the cult’s special Rune spells in return for exceptional service to the cult, by donating the equivalent of 100 L per point of the spell, or for other reasons that further the cult’s goals and standing. So like all adventurers, it's never just pay and you have it, you have to work for it.

Oh that's an interesting interpretation of the text. My original reading of this paragraph was that although the rules at the top of that page say you need to sacrifice 1 POW to get a new special Rune spell, the gamemaster can decide that "exceptional service to the cult" grants you a new special Rune spell for free (without the sacrifice). It sounds like you're making your players do both 😄 

Edited by lordabdul

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !