Chaosium Interviews: Balancing Old & New RuneQuest

MOB

10 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

Very interesting, I hope James will do a video where Jeff goes into even more detail about this topic. 🙂

Agreed. Especially to get into some of the questions surrounding game mechanics and why RQG didn't follow some of the 7thed Call of Cthulhu rules changes. (I can think of a couple off the top of my head, but it'd be cool to hear from El Jeff himself.

Interesting video. From a world perspective, I am definitely in the camp of de-emphasizing Elmal and focus on Yelmalio = good, and de-emphasizing the Hero Wars/HeroQuest era and focus on the RQ2/RQ3 era = good, and demedievalize the west = good.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Beoferret said:

Agreed. Especially to get into some of the questions surrounding game mechanics and why RQG didn't follow some of the 7thed Call of Cthulhu rules changes. (I can think of a couple off the top of my head, but it'd be cool to hear from El Jeff himself.

Some of this covered in Designing the New RuneQuest.

• Helpful 2
  • Thanks 3

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On 4/3/2022 at 8:45 AM, DreadDomain said:

Interesting video. From a world perspective, I am definitely in the camp of de-emphasizing Elmal and focus on Yelmalio = good, and de-emphasizing the Hero Wars/HeroQuest era and focus on the RQ2/RQ3 era = good, and demedievalize the west = good.

Agree - from my POV, collecting RQ3 at the time, the idea of a medieval west, and dark age Viking like orlanthi as was shown in the Glorantha boxed set, really grated with the Bronze Age ancient feel of what I thought Glorantha was about. Have to admit I lost a lot of faith with the setting because of that - but that’s in the past. Lovely to see RQG blossom now in such a well realised way. 100% on board.

• Like 2