Will the Prosopaedia be out /before/ the Cults books?

g33k

Over on FB, I see Chaosium announced (at their Con) the Prosopaedia as "coming soon" but without any mention (at least that I saw on FB) of the Cults books.

I can easily imagine how layout &c might be much easier for that one than the other two, so it could indeed be ready much sooner...
I just wanted to know if anybody knew if that is, indeed, the case?

• Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, g33k said:

Over on FB, I see Chaosium announced (at their Con) the Prosopaedia as "coming soon" but without any mention (at least that I saw on FB) of the Cults books.

I can easily imagine how layout &c might be much easier for that one than the other two, so it could indeed be ready much sooner...

I suspect that they will release Prosopaedia and dragon pass gazzeteer before summer, and cults book, gm book in the third quarter. I think culst book layout is the problem here. 

9 hours ago, g33k said:

It's what they've announced on the Chaosium webpage: https://www.chaosium.com/blogcoming-chaosium-releases-revealed-at-chaosium-con/

So, yes, that means the Prosopaedia is close to release, and is being released separately from the Cults books.

• Like 1

Jason Durall said this on Facebook about the Prosopedia announcement:

"It is the third part of a set with three components. It's just a bit bigger than originally planned. That's all. Not a new product and not (initially) a separate product"

... and ...

"1. Nothing has changed with the publishing plan we've always talked about. Two big volumes plus the Prosopaedia in one slipcase will be the primary release. This was always the plan, though when we got the wordcount for the Prosopaedia we realized it really could use a nicer treatment than just the initial plain version. 

2. For those rare souls who might want only a .pdf purchase, the Prosopaedia may be available separately. 
3. We are discussing ways to make easier to purchase desired material in smaller chunks than a deluxe slipcase.  

That said, nothing is fixed as we still are at the mercies of the paper shortage, printer queues, and the global shipping crisis. Shipping and distribution have always had an element of unpredictability due to our sales model, and that situation has only gotten more drastic."

Edited by Steve
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Jason also said on FB:

It is not planned (initially) as a standalone offering. It's part of a set.

The marketing dept chose to spotlight it because it's so nice and is already done being laid out.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1
  • Confused 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

11 hours ago, g33k said:

The marketing dept chose to spotlight it because it's so nice and is already done being laid out.

Sounds like that's the source of the confusion, then. Because the Prosopaedia was highlighted and identified as a full-length hardcover, the announcement made it seem like the Prosopaedia was getting an independent release prior to the full Cults of Glorantha.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

On 4/10/2022 at 3:44 AM, Steve said:

2. For those rare souls who might want only a .pdf purchase, the Prosopaedia may be available separately. 

<waves in rare soul> While I'll enjoy a few hours of RQ a couple times a year, I'm mainly a HQ guy. I'd be much more into buying it separately than as part of a three volume hardback set for a game i don't play very often. 

Edited by JonL
  • Like 2