Visual guide to the Aztec pantheon

simonh

Wow, that is superb!

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

I'd seen this guy's artistic take on the Aztec gods before, but I was unaware he had done a website! Thanks for the link!

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

19 hours ago, simonh said:

A really nice way to show and break down the visual and thematic elements in Aztec iconography. Not directly applicable to Glorantha of course, but indirectly highly applicable I think.

https://pudding.cool/2022/06/aztec-gods/

This is a great example of how to teach mythology to kids.  A really well produced website.  I am also a fan of the sheer ghastliness of the Aztec pantheon regardless.  One of the few true horror religions.

Edited by Darius West