Ernalda during the EWF

Ironwall

So my players found a EWF Ernalda temple and whish to take the idol of ernalda to put in Thier own clans temple when construction is finished. (Clan had recently been forced to move) now I have to ask was ernalda all that different in the EWF is Thier a "draconic" Ernalda that was worshiped in the EWF that can cause strange things to happen when some people start worshipping at the statue 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ironwall said:

now I have to ask was ernalda all that different in the EWF

I think there was a Draconic Ernalda.

After all, she is a goddess of snakes, and serpents are connected to dragons.

It probably isn't that difficult to find the Dragon Within, or Secret Dragon, of an earth goddess with serpents whose aunt created some dinosaurs.

23 minutes ago, Ironwall said:

is Thier a "draconic" Ernalda that was worshiped in the EWF that can cause strange things to happen when some people start worshipping at the statue 

Probably.

Most sane cults forgot their draconic influences after the Dragonkill. 

However, idols from the time might have Wyters, or other cult spirits, that remember those times and teachings. Adventurers, and other people, could learn new ways from them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

13 minutes ago, Ironwall said:

So my players found a EWF Ernalda temple and whish to take the idol of ernalda to put in Thier own clans temple when construction is finished. (Clan had recently been forced to move) now I have to ask was ernalda all that different in the EWF is Thier a "draconic" Ernalda that was worshiped in the EWF that can cause strange things to happen when some people start worshipping at the statue 

Speak of Dragon Woman and look who shows up!

This is a little blasphemous but I wouldn't be surprised to hear EWF identified the earth power with the Green Dragon Star at the center of what we now call Orlanth's Ring. In this version of history, her practical magic stays almost entirely the same but I would give your clan access to some spells that normally only Maran Gor remembers today . . . summon snake daughter is the most important because then if they use it, the spirit will start to teach them deeper things. 

Of course jerks whose granddad was in the Old Day Tradition or whatever will get mad about it but hopefully the early hero wars are keeping them too busy to really notice what the women are doing.

• Like 5

singer sing me a given

5 hours ago, Ironwall said:

now I have to ask was ernalda all that different in the EWF is Thier a "draconic" Ernalda that was worshiped in the EWF that can cause strange things to happen when some people start worshipping at the statue 

In RQG Adventures, there was a tomb featuring a daughter of Ernalda which looked at this question.

13 hours ago, scott-martin said:

the Green Dragon Star at the center of what we now call Orlanth's Ring.

That is supposed to be Sh'Harkarzeel, the Mover of Heavens, beheaded by Orlanth at the foot of Kero Fin (and the only dragon claimed that Thanatari way, to my knowledge). He may have been seen as a Earth Shaker, in life as much as in death.

There is further color confusion on one of the covers in the Starter Set where the green light from the Dreagon's Head in the ring taints the Brown Dragon with a green halo...

The Green Dragon of the Skyreach Mountains is a recent returnee, about 200 years after the Dragonkill. I suspect it may be the former Inhuman King who underwent the bloodiest of all utumas in 1042.

Telling how it is excessive verbis