Whom would the Enjossi propitiate?

RandomNumber

Hi there,

I'm writing a small scenario involving the Enjossi clan. Apart from Orlanth, Ernalda and the usual suspects, is there anything know about whom they would worship for their salmon? We know that Enjossi himself conducted a heroquest to return salmon to the Stream. Perhaps it could be a spirit cult. Or is there a god of the Stream (or Kjartan's Lake)?  YGMV of course but any insights the cognoscenti can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darius West said:

Which tribe are the Enjossi from again?

Colymar. They live in a really interesting little corner of the Colymar tribal lands. Their rivals, the Richberry clan of the Locaem are to the south and the Balmyr (Wildcat clan, I think) are to their East, on the slops of Wild Mountain. I'm not sure what the "Salmon Men" area on the map represents as distinct from the Enjossi - Hsunchen maybe?

image.png.abf34c102c61d36b0a914ec4ad38e678.png

2 minutes ago, RandomNumber said:

I'm not sure what the "Salmon Men" area on the map represents as distinct from the Enjossi - Hsunchen maybe?

I think that another name for the Enjossi are the "Salmon Men" (i.e. it's a nickname for the tribe).  And indicates that the Enjossi would worship the spirit cult of the Salmon Man.  Optionally they might also worship Golod, father of Fish.  They would also worship the Stream (whatever its name is) along with Engizi as the brother/father of the Creek-Stream River.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandomNumber said:

Apart from Orlanth, Ernalda and the usual suspects, is there anything know about whom they would worship for their salmon? We know that Enjossi himself conducted a heroquest to return salmon to the Stream. Perhaps it could be a spirit cult. Or is there a god of the Stream (or Kjartan's Lake)? 

I would have all of those.

• Enjossi could have a cult that has some salmon spells, or you could access Grandfather Salmon via the Enjossi Hero Cult.
  • Each river or stream has its own deity and they would be foolish not to worship, or honour, them.
  • Kjartan's Lake would also have its own Spirit, so they would sacrifice to that spirit.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

3 hours ago, RandomNumber said:

Hi there,

I'm writing a small scenario involving the Enjossi clan. Apart from Orlanth, Ernalda and the usual suspects, is there anything know about whom they would worship for their salmon? We know that Enjossi himself conducted a heroquest to return salmon to the Stream. Perhaps it could be a spirit cult. Or is there a god of the Stream (or Kjartan's Lake)?  YGMV of course but any insights the cognoscenti can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

The Enjossi are covered in the GM Screen Pack adventure book as they are one of the Colymar clans. That have a Minor temple Ernalda, Minor temple Orlanth and a Minor temple Engizi. Beyond that, I would look at the clan cult break downs here: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/the-tribes-of-sartar-1625-1626/

Given they are a small clan of 600 (not the 900 average) you'd get:

Of those 400 adults, about 130 are initiates of Orlanth, another 130 are initiates of Ernalda. 20 are initiates of Yelmalio, and 20 are initiates of the Seven Mothers. 12 are initiates of Issaries and 12 are initiates of Humakt. 8 each are initiates of Chalana Arroy, Lhankor Mhy, Daka Fal, and Storm Bull. There are 4 initiates each of Maran Gor, Babeester Gor, and Eurmal. There are another 20 initiates who fall into the none of the above category.

I'd add the 20 others to Engizi, to make up the numbers, its likely attended by the other clans bordering the river.

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/