Autumn/Winter TDM Releases

lawrence.whitaker

As we move into Autumn (or Fall, if you prefer), we thought we'd share with you the covers of several upcoming books for Mythras and Casting the Runes. We're aiming to release most of these before the end of the year, and will also be providing sneak peaks of the contents to our newsletter subscribers in the next couple of weeks (if you want to sign up to our newsletter, you can find it here).

Casting the Runes: The Predestination Engine & Other Stories - six short scenarios of supernatural investigation, taking the characters around Edwardian Britain. Hauntings, possessions, seances, manifestations and strange rituals await...

Mythic Polynesia: the latest addition to the Mythic Earth range, and a comprehensive guide to the peoples of Polynesia, their way of life, myths, unique culture, and dozens of seeds for adventure.

Mythras Factions: a short supplement dealing with factions of all kinds in Mythras. From gangs to guilds, ambitious families to multinational cartels. The supplement includes unique rules for creating your faction, and guidance on how they can achieve their goals.

Mythic Britain: Gwynedd. A supplement for Mythic Britain, this mix of short campaign setting and adventures focuses on Gwynedd and Ynys Mon, a kingdom fraught with strife, and on the edge of implosion as old scores are settled between the sprawling families and clans.

Book of Schemes (expected early 2023): Welcome to Guelden, a city-state ruled by intrigue, guilds, feuding families, and a lust for power. This complete setting is in a similar vein to the popular Fioracitta, and details both Guelden and its immediate surroundings. The city can be dropped into any existing campaign, or used as the foundation for a new one, and is highly compatible with other books in the Mythras range.

Gwynedd.png

Polynesia.png

Book of Schemes.png

Factions.png

Predestination Cover.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Been looking forward to this one since it was first announced!
(I mean... maybe since before that, since I was thinking it was a sorely-overlooked genre for a RPG setting...)

21 hours ago, lawrence.whitaker said:

... Mythic Polynesia: the latest addition to the Mythic Earth range, and a comprehensive guide to the peoples of Polynesia, their way of life, myths, unique culture, and dozens of seeds for adventure ...

Hmmm.  This one hadn't been on my radar, previously!  VERY intriguing!
The cover art looks to me like it's a somewhat-later implied timeframe... does it have some Enlightenment flavor, not just Medieval-to-Renaissance era?

21 hours ago, lawrence.whitaker said:

Book of Schemes (expected early 2023): Welcome to Guelden, a city-state ruled by intrigue, guilds, feuding families, and a lust for power. This complete setting is in a similar vein to the popular Fioracitta, and details both Guelden and its immediate surroundings. The city can be dropped into any existing campaign, or used as the foundation for a new one, and is highly compatible with other books in the Mythras range.

Book of Schemes.png

C'es ne pas un .sig

... apart from that, it's Interesting that we'll get another city setting with "Book of Schemes". Theres a LOT of Mythras cities of intrigue by now: Constantinople, Fioracitta, Guelden, to a certain degreee also Sorandib. Not that I'm complaining, though I wonder what different takes on a city setting would be possible ...

Also interesting about Guelden: Do the people there speak "German"? "Guelden" (or Gülden) actually is the German word for "Golden", and on the house on the cover it says "Schneiderei", which is Geman for "tailor shop".

I'm also looking forward to the Casting the Runes scenario book - CtR was not quite my thing, but I'm still curious for some classical horror scenarios that are not cosmic.

And of course Polynesia, I've been waiting for that one!

Book of Schemes is very much inspired by the Hanseatic city-states, and one thing about all the cities appearing in our books is that they have very different looks and feels - as cities should. Guelden (which very much takes the German cities as a cue, and which is partially illustrated by a German artist) is also written by a Dane, so brings a very strong Euro-centric sensibility to the subject matter.

On 'The Predestination Engine', it's about the most rules-light scenario book we've published. I think there are only about 5 sets of statistics in there, and they occupy perhaps half a page, and game rules are almost non-existent. You can use these scenarios with the rule-set of your choice (although naturally, you should choose one of the sets TDM publishes... ;))

Edited by lawrence.whitaker
  • Like 3

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

On 9/29/2022 at 9:39 PM, g33k said:

The cover art looks to me like it's a somewhat-later implied timeframe... does it have some Enlightenment flavor, not just Medieval-to-Renaissance era?

From what I know it is supposed to be distinctly 15th Century, although the setting may have changed in development since I last talked to Dan about it, 2 years ago.