THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT, BUT...

svensson

So.... Got my K/S minis today. The RQG Iconic Characters and Moon Daughters Archery Company, in case you were wondering.

Wow... I guess there really is a larger difference than I thought between 25 and 28mm.

Don't get me wrong here. I got precisely what I paid for: Good quality metal miniatures that'll require painting.

But yeah, kinda small compared to the rest of the mini collection. I will have to keep that in mind in the future.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Can you please clarify which kickstarter this is. I was unable to find anything with the name you specified.

I've linked [at the bottom] the K/S I backed. I selected the Blessed Daughters Archers as my reward and additionally ordered the Pre-Gen characters from RQG.

Let me repeat, the minis are high quality with few, but some, spurs and flanges. They have good-to-excellent detail. I really did get what I paid for. It's just that my 'inches and feet' brain didn't realize that there is larger difference between 25mm and 28mm that I thought there would be.

28/25 = 1.12, so about 1/8-again larger (.125 being 1/8)

If you envision your mini's as representing 6' tall people, 1/8 of 72" = 9" but that includes the .005 rounding error.

28/25 * 72" = 81" (rounded) so if your 25mm mini's are the 6' tall reference, your 28mm mini's are 6'9"
25/28 * 72" = 64" (rounded) so if it's your 28mm mini's who are your 6' reference, then the 25mm mini's would be 5'4"

But I don't usually expect mini-fig sculpts to be THAT closely scaled... it's not like constructing a model, where 1mm too much or too little means the "snap-together" just... doesn't.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, svensson said:

Let me repeat, the minis are high quality with few, but some, spurs and flanges. They have good-to-excellent detail. I really did get what I paid for. It's just that my 'inches and feet' brain didn't realize that there is larger difference between 25mm and 28mm that I thought there would be.

With all due respect, good sir, could the difference twixt one and the other be more an aged ocular phenomena than an empirical one.

😉

• Haha 3

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

6 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

With all due respect, good sir, could the difference twixt one and the other be more an aged ocular phenomena than an empirical one.

😉

It could also be that I was dropped on my head as an infant 😁

However, the minis I got yesterday are still noticeably smaller than the 'normal sized' ones on my shelf.

• Haha 3

It could also be that I was dropped on my head as an infant 😁

40 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Excuse me, but I ask you to not use my excuse... thankyouverymuch!

Synchronized head-dropping ...

Coming next Winter Olympics!

(the team from Valind's Glacier is expected to dominate)

Edited by g33k
  • Haha 4

C'es ne pas un .sig

52 minutes ago, svensson said:

*I* remember that the last time 'Valind's Glacier' hosted the Winter Olympics they literally had to truck in snow... ROFL!

Slander, utter and absolute slander. Valind's Glacier has never hosted the Olympics! Vancouver is not a part of Valind's Glacier, after all!

[Winter Olympics in near tropical climes... gadzooks! And we all know that the sled dogs tasted great!]

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Debuting shortly after the perennial fave, the Upper Class Twit of the Year competitions.

Off topic, hardly!

Oi !
You there, Barbarian!
This is a BRP forum, this is!

Getcher stinkin "Class" content away, hear me?

We don't got no Class here!

(Otherwise, y'know... I prob'ly coulda been a contender in that li'l race you linked...)

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 10/19/2022 at 12:17 AM, Bill the barbarian said:

Debuting shortly after the perennial fave, the Upper Class Twit of the Year competitions.

Off topic, hardly!

I wonder if the Monty Pythons are also the brains behind the 2029 Asian Winter Games...