Holiday Dorastor: Ragnaglar’s Breath

soltakss

I am pleased to announce another title in our Holiday Dorastor range, Holiday Dorastor: Ragnaglar’s Breath, another in our odysseys around the delightful place that is Dorastor.

Here, you will find three new locations, and a set of scenarios and HeroQuests allowing you to banish Ragnaglar’s Breath from the Risklands.

This RuneQuest supplement was written as part of the Write Your Own Adventure course.

Warning: As with all the Holiday Dorastor range, this contains scenes of horror and destruction.

• Like 5

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 10/29/2022 at 11:28 AM, Akhôrahil said:

And very likely acid?

There are only 22 mentions of acid, some in the same sentence. Removing those, we only have 14 instances of acid.

That's not a lot at all, really, is it?

After all, it says:

There are many more effects which could be included, these are merely examples of Ragnaglar's breath. The trick is to try and be inventive. After all, Ragnaglar is a deity of Chaos, Disorder and Storm, so anything goes! Try not to make everything acid as this gets boring after a while (Actually it doesn't - I never tire of hearing Players whinge about their precious iron dissolving and running down their legs!)

Edited by soltakss
  • Haha 4

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

1 hour ago, Darius West said:

Hmm... Alchemical coatings to stop corrosives eating your gear might be in order... if possible...

Not a chance against Gorp. You'd need a special additional enchantment to withstand Chaos.

Non-chaotic acid from beasts will be unable to damage waxed, laquered or gilded armor, though, and moderately realistically it takes more than a few scratches in the wax to change that for only moderately reactive metals. YAcidMV. Against Gorp acid, such a layer should give one additional hit point.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 11/3/2022 at 5:33 AM, Darius West said:

Hmm... Alchemical coatings to stop corrosives eating your gear might be in order... if possible...

Sure, that could well be possible and I might even include it in a future supplement. However, it would protect until burned away, so is of limited use.

An anti-acid enchantment, on the other hand, would be permanent. The Healer, Gavi-Scon is said to have perfected such an enchantment.

• Haha 1