Tracking CHA

PhilHibbs

We track CHA carefully, e.g. "Found Ernalda's Mirror".  Mainly cause many PCs, mine included, were scrambling to get to 18 to qualify for Rune Lord.

We track Reputation semi-carefully, with maybe some vagueness, e.g. "Smoking Ruins".

Honor, Runes and Passions, depends on the player.  But again, we found that there is often a Passion or Rune that is keeping a PC from making Rune Lord.  Effing Devotion Vinga, grr...  🙂

We simply add another tab to @PhilHibbs wonderful Google character sheet.  Might be something to do for a future update?

• Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 10:19 PM, PhilHibbs said:

Does anyone bother tracking where each point of CHA came from, such as items, missions, etc.? We've already lost track of it in my group.

I don't, but if an Adventurer loses important magic items, their CHA would go down.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 11/4/2022 at 8:04 PM, soltakss said:

I don't, but if an Adventurer loses important magic items, their CHA would go down.

As long as they still have at least one spangly item they'd still get the bonus, as you only get it once even "if the adventurer has one or a hundred
showy items". Strip them and chuck them in a cell and I guess they lose 1 CHA until they get their stuff back.

"Yeah I lost that ancient iron shield, but I still got this silver helm".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

As long as they still have at least one spangly item they'd still get the bonus, as you only get it once even "if the adventurer has one or a hundred
showy items". Strip them and chuck them in a cell and I guess they lose 1 CHA until they get their stuff back.

Agreed. It is only bad if they got a nickname or renown based on the magic item.

"You are Ajax The Iron Shield? Where is your famed shield?"

But even then, the loss would be temporary among people that know the character.

On 11/7/2022 at 8:34 PM, Ludo Bagman said:

Agreed. It is only bad if they got a nickname or renown based on the magic item.

"You are Ajax The Iron Shield? Where is your famed shield?"

But even then, the loss would be temporary among people that know the character.

That could *add* to your reputation under the right circumstances; the Shieldless Iron Shield.....

On 11/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, PhilHibbs said:

Sop, does that mean that you only allow +1 CHA, no matter how many flashy items the Adventurer has?

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

9 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

That's what the rules say. I'm not entirely convinced of it, but I think a character would have to have a lot of famous stuff to get a second point.

I've always interpreted:

Possession of good, showy, magical objects raises CHA by +1. Just 1 point is gained here. It does not matter if the adventurer has one or a hundred showy items.

That it's the actual possession of magical objects that gives the point, not the quality or quantity. oooo - they have magic things

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

3 hours ago, David Scott said:

That it's the actual possession of magical objects that gives the point, not the quality or quantity. oooo - they have magic things

I don’t even run it as requiring the magic - it’s all about conspicuous consumption, that you have the bling to prove your wealth and status. Then it makes sense that something much more impressive could net a second point.

56 minutes ago, Akhôrahil said:

I don’t even run it as requiring the magic - it’s all about conspicuous consumption, that you have the bling to prove your wealth and status. Then it makes sense that something much more impressive could net a second point.

Whereas I see conspicuous consumption as part of improving social status and covered by Becoming a Rune Master, or shaman. I don't think this works like Pendragon, where conspicuous consumption can gain you glory. This is just charisma.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

I might give +1 for having one or more impressive magical items, and a separate +1 for either conspicuous displays of wealth, or being famously ascetic.

It would be Interesting to hand it out for very high Reputation as well, although since we can’t separate Infamy, it could get iffy.

45 minutes ago, Akhôrahil said:

It would be Interesting to hand it out for very high Reputation as well, although since we can’t separate Infamy, it could get iffy.

Our RQG characters, especially my brash glory hound Vinga worshipper, we racking up lots and lots of reputation going through many of the standard RQG modules.  She desperately needed more CHA to get up to 18.  Our GM was nice enough to let me "trade in" some of the Reputation for one CHA.