Devils Gulch

Agentorange

You looking at the ladies bum?

'fraid I was. Then I noticed the little Chulhu references.

I didn't think BRP was supposed to use Cthulhu mythos though.

Going by the description I'd guess that is entirely optional. A Chaosium product geared for a loosely supernatural and/or weird setting that didn't have any tentacles somewhere in it seems unlikely.

I didn't think BRP was supposed to use Cthulhu mythos though.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no restriction about using Cthulhu Mythos material in BRP.

Dustin wanted to keep the Cthulhu stuff out of the BRP adventure books to ensure there was some brand identity.

I suspect if someone pitched a Mythos-heavy BRP setting they'd approve it easily enough.

I hope this isn't going to be the real cover art. It looks like a trashy romantic/dark/urban fantasy novel. The tramp stamp is one of the most cringe worthy fads I've seen in years.

The contents sound awesome! This is exactly what I've been looking for. Terrible cover art or not I'll probably be having a copy of this.

I don`t play monsters. I play men besieged by fate and out for revenge. ~Vincent Price

The cover art is well executed, albeit I'm not ecstatic about the content / composition (it is however at least a step up from the Avalanche Press soft-pron covers of the d20 boom...). Depressingly, it will almost certainly boost the books sales however.

Irrespective of the cover art, sounds like a cracking book and I'm really looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Nick

The cover art is well executed, albeit I'm not ecstatic about the content / composition (it is however at least a step up from the Avalanche Press soft-pron covers of the d20 boom...). Depressingly, it will almost certainly boost the books sales however.

Irrespective of the cover art, sounds like a cracking book and I'm really looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Nick

Those covers were quite bad weren't they ?;-D Ironically some of the contents were quite good, The last days of byzantium was ok and I've heard the Greenlanders one was good. this seems appropriate......

http://www.llbbl.com/data/RPG-motivational/target66.html

To the best of my knowledge, there's no restriction about using Cthulhu Mythos material in BRP.

Dustin wanted to keep the Cthulhu stuff out of the BRP adventure books to ensure there was some brand identity.

I suspect if someone pitched a Mythos-heavy BRP setting they'd approve it easily enough.

Wouldn't it come out under the Coc monograph line in a situation like that ?

Wouldn't it come out under the Coc monograph line in a situation like that ?

Again, this is to the best of my knowledge, but it's my understanding that Dustin and Charlie decide what manuscripts go to mono and which go to "book" status based on appeal (will it sell?), relationship with the author, quality of the manuscript, and within the context of existing and planned releases for the line.

I might be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure that Mythos-related content doesn't automatically mean a book becomes a CoC mono or print publication.

Again, this is to the best of my knowledge, but it's my understanding that Dustin and Charlie decide what manuscripts go to mono and which go to "book" status based on appeal (will it sell?), relationship with the author, quality of the manuscript, and within the context of existing and planned releases for the line.

I might be wrong on that, but I'm pretty sure that Mythos-related content doesn't automatically mean a book becomes a CoC mono or print publication.

I suppose that all makes sense but I can see it all getting a bit confusing. You'd of thought mythos content equalled CoC line and non mythos equalled BRP line.