Humakti Honor

Erick Eckberg

Just now, Akhôrahil said:

Sure, but Kralori Martial Arts are surely magical, something real-world practitioners don't have the advantage of? Anything in Wuxia movies should be within reach in Glorantha.

BUMP.  Please read my final sentence.  And regardless, I still suspect an iron clad Sword of Humakt will make short work of a Wuxia mystic.  It gets hard to refute all that damage.

Edited by Darius West

On 8/19/2023 at 10:57 AM, Akhôrahil said:

I think that’s the point - Death Itself is uncaring of these things, and many weilders of Death are dishonorable. It’s just that Humakt isn’t, and Death ended up primarily with him. Presumably, things could have gone differently.

So why is Humakt not dishonorable ? And what does mean "dishonorable", which is a variable cultural concept ? My proposal is the following:

The "code of honour" has a cosmic and a mundane origin.

Death is one of the more powerfull power, which started a process which almost destroyed the cosmos. As a full component of the cosmos, death has to be controlled and used in a way that it makes its task while been kept within borders. That's the necessity of rules, which make a code.

Then Humaktis (and death) with their code have to be accepted in all societies. By giving this code a moral value and making it a code of honour, may be adding a few local things (*) to make others more confortable with the death god, they become acceptable and find their place within the societies.

(*) Which may bring some variations throughout Glorantha

• Like 1

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

The rules as written say that naked an unarmed Storm Voice casting Thunderbolts is unarmed, just like an unarmed Kralori martial arts master. But IMG they would both count as armed, so a humakti could attack them honourably if there's a combat going on. But some peasant with a Disruption spell wouldn't count as armed, just like a peasant carrying a knife wouldn't, unless the peasants used the Distruption or the knife to attack.

Edited by Brootse