Londra of Londros

Soccercalle

Hi all,

My PCs will soon visit the Old Wind Temple in Fire and/or Earth Season 1621. As I understand it Londra is living there.

I dont need her stats but wonder if there is any information about her personality and/or looks. They will probably interact with her but most likely dont fight her.

I also wonder what her position is. Its a Orlanthis temple but she is an Humakti.

See Personalities of Glorantha – Londra of Londros (1998), originally published in Wyrms Footnotes #11. Includes picture and info as of 1617 ST.

The Sartar Companion tells us that Although Londra is a Sword of Humakt, she is not a devotee of the War God and does not serve Death single-mindedly. Londra is also an initiate of Orlanth (specifically as a member of the Vinga subcult) and now serves as a priest of Old Wind Temple.

By 1621, in RQG terms this likely means she has become a Stormwalker (subcult of Orlanth Thunderous)

If you have the Sartar Companion, there's a bit more info and a different illustration.

Edited by David Scott
add extra detail
  • Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Wyrms Footnotes called Dragons Past has a lot on the Temple of the Wooden Sword. The whole bundle is on RPG Drive and has some great stuff in it to know the Temple of the Wooden Sword is to know Londra. Also look at the link in this forum:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/302365/Wyrms-Footnotes-114-Bundle

issue 9: The Great Raid on the Temple of the Wooden Sword

issue 11: The Founding of the Wooden Sword

issue12 continued the story with Skirmish at Wind Temple.

issue 14 finished with the Crown Test of Leika Balista

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2023 at 8:10 PM, Erol of Backford said:

So Londra was an initiate at like age 12 and even a Sword by like age 15.

Curious what is the youngest age anyone has let their PC's be initiates?

The Household of Death was a group of small children (I believe the sisters of Harsaltar were ages 7 and 5) initiating to the Cult of Humakt. A number of their noble-born or retainer-born playmates joined them in this desperate measure, creating a small band of dead-eyed child heroes with terrible death powers due to this sacrifice. Equipped with unusual gifts and geases, they were a terror on the battlefield.

Unless I wanted to recreate that period, I don't think I would let players play Anakin-like initiates this young, with even low two digit ages still being somewhat icky. How old was Wesley Crusher at the start of Next Generation?

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 4/21/2023 at 8:10 PM, Erol of Backford said:

So Londra was an initiate at like age 12 and even a Sword by like age 15.

Curious what is the youngest age anyone has let their PC's be initiates?

as a gm you can decide that one play is different than the "standard", you even may decide that your players play gods with great power after all.

Or in opposition, you can decide that the skill % in generation character must be reduced to not have near runic level character at the start of the play but more like old rq characters (60-75 % max)

That is from my perspective more a question of campaign: what do you want to play , what /who is the opposition ?

So the Londra story  (I have no knowledge about it, I follow what @Joerg lore master said)  is not a cheat play, it is more (if you consider Londra as a pc) a GM who proposed a desperate campaign where parents had to decide to "sacrifice" the youth of their children to save their future and players play these no-more-kids.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

So the Londra story  (I have no knowledge about it, I follow what @Joerg lore master said)  is not a cheat play, it is more (if you consider Londra as a pc) a GM who proposed a desperate campaign where parents had to decide to "sacrifice" the youth of their children to save their future and players play these no-more-kids.

IMG I took Londra to have been too young to join the Household of Death, and to have joined Humakt as soon as she could out of a sense of loss/duty - possibly to a slightly elder sibling who went that way? Not sure whether that still works well with the somewhat changed age compared to the Wyrm's Footnotes version.

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis

It's always worked best for groups I've played in to have the character start young so there is some real game time growth between party members. When I meet old friends will still bring up fond memories "remember when so and so did..." we still break out the miniatures we used and koke about the next big champaign. It's what I've been working on this past year or so.

14 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

you even may decide that your players play gods with great power

We never tried that but it might be a great source of fun to have one of the PC's take on the party's and play the "bad guy", great ideas to mess with.

9 hours ago, Joerg said:

and to have joined Humakt as soon as she could out of a sense of loss/duty

What life events drives a PC's actions? Great role playing opportunities.

With the PC's starting at age 15 in 1600 we are going to have them in Nochet, meet Blueface, know Gringle and actually be part of the Temple of the Wooden Sword or so we are thinking... maybe, just maybe the The Temple of the Wooden Sword's Trollball team was named Norwegian Wood.