Heroes, superheroes and demigods

Soccercalle

I think it would take quite a high mystical insight to be able to fully master both shamanism and sorcery. At which point you would wonder why bother, and instead wield primal magic without the restrictions of either system at your well-meditated-upon will.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

15 hours ago, jajagappa said:

There is something fundamentally different between these two though. 

Sorcery is precise, rational, a logical sequence of actions that produces predictable results. You expect things to work in the same manner consistently. You can repeat your experiments. 

With shamanism though it is an embrace of the ecstatic, the irrational, the flow of emotional, intuitive, and perhaps contradictory or illogical leaps of faith that produce unexpected bargains. You don't dictate the flow, you follow it, but the experience can never be repeated (even on the exact same path).

Perhaps some Lunars find a middle ground or balance, but at the cost of never achieving the full potential of either.

Sorry, I should have said "I don't see anything so contradictory that one couldn't do both".

I'm aware of the differences in the systems and the implications that may entail.

As you said, I figure some can find that middle ground.

I'm sure that there would be Mistress Race Trolls that would have the amount of time necessary to achieve the full potential of both!

And, probably others as well... but then, what's your definition of "full potential" for either of them?? Because, if I were to answer that, then very very few on the lozenge would ever achieve that "full potential" (ok, Brithini could). I would consider "full" to be able to access all Techniques (1, but that makes most spells expensive - however, so what??) and all Runes (minimum 12 - excluding Chaos). This means a minimum INT of 25.

Do you have a different definition for "full potential"? (I'd especially like to read it for Shamans...).