Any news from Chaosium Con 2023?

Runeblogger

In terms of RuneQuest I think most of what I learned is already generally known.

The Prosopedia was for sale.  More of the cult books should be ready for GenCon (how many?).

Most what I learned was about Pendragon. The work for the new Pendragon release continues.    There are plans for community based content akin to Jonstown and Miskatonic.

1. There will be a separate Players handbook and GM Book for Pendragon
  2. The Great Pendragon Campaign will be broken down into 5? separate books, one for each era.
  3. The Pendragon Starter pack should be ready for sale a GenCon and they had proof that we had a chance to look at.

CultsOfRunequestTheProsopedia.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, ChildOfEru said:

The Prosopedia was for sale.  More of the cult books should be ready for GenCon (how many?).

Prosopedia - 50(?) print copies there, and all sold out on first day.

Jeff/Jason showed off the Lightbringers, Earth, and Mythology books. Chaosium is promoting the first two for GenCon availability. 

Beyond RQG, Petersen Games is picking up a whole line of modern-era Call of Cthulhu works and will be issuing a series of multi-book campaigns (much as they did with their sage series for D&D). 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 4

Here's a pic of Jeff and Jason at the Cults of Glorantha seminar with the little treasures (Lightbringers, Earth cults, Mythology) before them (cover art for both the hardcovers and the leatherette versions looking fantastic!).  And the Mythology book has a centerfold! (well not quite in the center, but a four-page foldout of Agathe's wonderful and complete mythology piece)

IMG_20230415_100105208_HDR.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jajagappa said:

...  And the Mythology book has a centerfold! (well not quite in the center, but a four-page foldout of Agathe's wonderful and complete mythology piece) ...

Ooooooo ! 

• Off Topic 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

11 hours ago, David Scott said:

Some of you may have missed this

I had a chance to view while at the Con and it's both visually stunning and very large! You could easily spend hours exploring the connections and relationships and discovering unexpected details whether in the lineages or in related iconography. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, David Scott said:

Some of you may have missed this:

<SNIP for brevity>

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=771734424316724&set=pcb.771734487650051

Details aren't visible in the low-res online image, of course... but it looks suspiciously Godlearner-y to me!

I will doubtless need to get a copy and spend many many hours figuring out the subtle blasphemies portrayed thereon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

C'es ne pas un .sig