More Scenarios?

Seems sort of short sighted to not have some additional scenarios ready for publication... Play the ones in the book, then what? Is there going to be a repository for Rivers of London like the Miskatonic Repository? I would love to more material to play at the start rather than start a new game system, then put it back on the shelf until more scenarios become available. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keith Applegarth said:

Play the ones in the book, then what?

The GM at our club who is running it, went straight onto episodes of Vera and Annika and changed either the victim, perp (or both I'm not sure) into members of the demi-monde. The players haven't noticed (that's the joy of UK police procedurals)... 

Edited by David Scott
Added links are you may not be from the UK
  • Helpful 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

If you like weirder stuff, some of the ideas in Kim Newman's The Man from the Diogenes Club short story collections are inspirational. Not just the stories themselves: there are also throwaway mentions of untold cases, like Holmes's "red leech unknown to science" etc., most of them with a strongly English/London/pop culture/weird crime vibe.

• Like 2

Excellent suggestions from everyone!  I myself tend to homebrew most scenarios.

But I've also gotta +1 the OP:  I've noticed there seem to be a LOT of people for whom pre-gen material is a necessity.  I hope Chaosium is putting in some effort to get a Case-File collection (or two) out the door.

(n.b. the OP seems to be 100% about the pre-gen modules, and he is not alone!)

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

17 hours ago, Keith Applegarth said:

I agree. Especially with a new game system. Either that or open it up to a Repository like there is for COC. We have lots of talented authors out there.

It's a licensed property, not owned by Chaosium.  It isn't eligible to be "opened up" that way.

Depending on how the RoL RPG fares in the marketplace, and upon what Ben Aaronovitch wants, it may (or may not) get a Community Content program... eventually.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, Keith Applegarth said:

Yeah, just hoping Chaosium would be asking the question.

As discussed here, community content is not part of our current Rivers of London TTRPG licensing agreement with Ben Aaronovitch.