Lunar Assassins for RQG - what is available?

Scornado

1 hour ago, Scornado said:

Is there anything available to buy — perhaps in the Jonstown Compendium — that covers the basics of Lunar Assassins in the broader sense?

I haven’t read it, but there is Blue Moon, White Moon from John Wick:

• A one-encounter adventure you can use to springboard other adventures or add in between longer campaigns.

• A new Background: Blue Moon Assassin, including new spells and magic items.

Only $0.99 (for 14 pages), so maybe worth a punt.

Edited by mfbrandi
duplicated text
  • Like 1

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

2 hours ago, mfbrandi said:

I haven’t read it, but there is Blue Moon, White Moon from John Wick:

• A one-encounter adventure you can use to springboard other adventures or add in between longer campaigns.

• A new Background: Blue Moon Assassin, including new spells and magic items.

Only $0.99 (for 14 pages), so maybe worth a punt.

It indeed is worth a punt and I have punted, thanks.

• Like 1

There are the "Dart Warriors;" the most famous person to have been a Dart Warrior is likely Harrek the Berzerk.

It's unclear to me if any Lunar assassin working the political arena is a "Dart Warrior," or if there's some extra connotation/requirement/etc to being (or not being) a Dart Warrior.

If someone is being assassinated for some other reason -- economics, personal vendetta, etc -- without political motive, I  don't think "Dart Warriors" do that (although such crass motives may I suspect be disguised behind a "conventional" Dart-Wars explanation).

C'es ne pas un .sig

36 minutes ago, g33k said:

There are the "Dart Warriors;" the most famous person to have been a Dart Warrior is likely Harrek the Berzerk.

It's unclear to me if any Lunar assassin working the political arena is a "Dart Warrior," or if there's some extra connotation/requirement/etc to being (or not being) a Dart Warrior.

If someone is being assassinated for some other reason -- economics, personal vendetta, etc -- without political motive, I  don't think "Dart Warriors" do that (although such crass motives may I suspect be disguised behind a "conventional" Dart-Wars explanation).

As far as I can tell, dart warriors are just the people being used in these small wars between lunar nobles for political power and other vendettas. They could be decent magicians, straight up warriors, poisoners, demagogues swaying crowds away from the patronage of a particular noble, and so on, at least to me. 

• Like 1

I have a few collected thoughts about Dart Wars, Lunar Assassins, Blue Moon Assassins and the like in my Gloranthan Manifesto, which is a free download or a cheap paperback. See pages 117-118.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

I have a few collected thoughts about Dart Wars, Lunar Assassins, Blue Moon Assassins and the like in my Gloranthan Manifesto, which is a free download or a cheap paperback. See pages 117-118.

Thanks I will look. I see from the blurb at DriveThruRPG you're an Oxford man ... our paths may have crossed. 

The situation I have is that it is 1626 and Argrath is to make a flying visit to his birthplace and the cousin of the Thane of Apple Lane has been asked to arrange some pre-visit security ... what could go wrong?

6 hours ago, Scornado said:

Thanks I will look. I see from the blurb at DriveThruRPG you're an Oxford man ... our paths may have crossed. 

The situation I have is that it is 1626 and Argrath is to make a flying visit to his birthplace and the cousin of the Thane of Apple Lane has been asked to arrange some pre-visit security ... what could go wrong?

Then you really need to read Thrilla’s Story, at the back of the Manifesto. She’s what could go wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Then you really need to read Thrilla’s Story, at the back of the Manifesto. She’s what could go wrong.

Oh no, my character romanced her, this story was both utterly terrifying and quite likely. Oh dear.

• Thanks 1

☀️Sun County Apologist☀️