Thank You

pansophy

well, that's all I wanted to say. 8-)

During the last few years the BRP forum and online community was and still is one of the best, friendliest and helpful place I experienced in the RPG world. It is very nice to see authors of the Monographs and licensed products are active here, giving advice and answer to criticism.

I appreciate all the work people put into this system and how BRP evolved during these last 3 years. A lot of supplementing settings, adventures, rules and ideas were created, helping others to get into the hobby or enhance their gaming experience.

So thank you all for doing this - again.

When the new BRP book was released in 2008, many looked at it as a dead rule system that purely still existed because of Call of Cthulhu. They were right. But in my opinion this community has reactivated the system and made it enjoyable again - despite all the other voices telling them more 'modern' and 'better' systems are out there.

To me BRP is still attractive, even after 20 years of playing it now. It has its positive sides and its negative's, but overall it is pretty solid. Even more, after playing some of this so called 'better' and more 'modern' systems, I still come back to good old BRP and find it refreshing, intuitive and easy. And I always find some new content that is worth buying (even if I do not get to play most of the stuff I buy).

So, yes, I always liked it and I still do. And I like it to be able to ask the people who created the parts for the BRP World some questions and get clarifications - that is just brilliant.

I think it is not possible to say that one person or some persons were responsible for the success of this fresh BRP start. In my opinion it was -and still is- the work of this whole community. Everybody who took part by either adding content or simply by asking questions did his contribution to the new BRP life. And BRP is not an animated corpse, it is a living being that has its own place in the role playing hobby.

Cheers!

Agreed. I think it's the best system out there, personally. I especially like this:

Even more, after playing some of this so called 'better' and more 'modern' systems, I still come back to good old BRP and find it refreshing, intuitive and easy.

I like this site because it pretty much never has flame wars and you always feel welcome.

Amen!

I'll chime in with a big thanks to Trif for all his efforts in keeping this site going.

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Even more, after playing some of this so called 'better' and more 'modern' systems, I still come back to good old BRP and find it refreshing, intuitive and easy.
I second this, that's pretty much the same story for me. I'll certainly try other systems to play, and occasionally other systems to GM (I'm looking at you Eclipse Phase), but BRP related systems firmly remain my hometown in regards to roleplaying.

As far as this site goes, there has been some heated discourse many a time, but I haven't seen anything go too sour. Given that this site spans many countries and thus many cultures, it's great that most discussions are of a positive nature, showing testimony to the maturity of many on this forum. I also think it's a great place for creativity, it's good to know how others handle particular gaming situations, that is a great resource. I also think it's good to feel the presence of many of the authors and publishers involved with BRP, it certainly makes one feel closer to the products and less removed from the BRP gaming community (let's face it, we're not D20 OGL and actually don't want to be).

So thumbs up from me as well !!!

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

In my view BRP is what you make of it, it can cover almost the entire range

of genres and styles well, and this site is an excellent and very friendly sour-

ce of ideas both for new ways to use BRP and for improvements of the tradi-

tional ways. :tu:

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I agree, very good system, great community of people who contribute ideas and their own experiences with the system to make a whole support group for the system. Thanks for everyone's input!

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas