New avatar

Introducing my new avatar, what do you think? I've been using one of Simon Bray's woodcut-style drawings for a long time now, and felt guilty that I never asked permission. Someone else is now using the same one, I could have tried to rectify the permission but then that looks like I'm getting into a fight and I just didn't want any of that.

So I made my own. I used "AI" generation and style transfer to get the bits I wanted then composited them together manually with some heavy editing to make it all fit together. So yes, there's a bunch of copyright abuse still going on behind the scenes (and lets be honest, most avatars on the forum are straight lifts), but the work as a whole is a mashup of many things, and is of course non-commercial.

9 hours ago, soltakss said:

With the stripey costume it looks like a prisoner of some sort

While it acknowledges the depictions of Eurmal e.g. in Agathe Pitie's hidden picture puzzles of Mythology, I think what is missing are the Tvi'lek tentacles with bells on.

• Haha 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis