Dates of key events in 1625

Muwatallis

First time post here, but first contact with Runequest back around 1988/1989 (2ed).

I'm trying to find dates for the key events of 1625.  Well of Daliath and other sources (King of Sartar, RQRIG) are great for what happened in 2025, but not when. I have the following big events happening:

The Dragonrise 

The Liberation of Boldhome

The Battle of Dangerford

Kallyr's Short Lightbringer's Quest

The liberation of Pavis

The second battle of Moonbroth

Tarsh siezes Alda Chur

The betrayal of Fazzur Wideread by the king.

For all of these events the only specific  date i can locate is for the Lightbringer's quest, which took place during sacred time. Is there a source that has day/week/season for these events?

Cheers,

Muwatallis

• Like 1

1624, after the Battle of Pennel Ford and the plundering of the City of Wonders:
The liberation of Pavis

IIRC before the Dragonrise (because there were sufficient Lunar forces and magicians available):

The second battle of Moonbroth

At roughly the same time: Broyan killed in Heortland, leading a force of elites into Sartar, by a Kitori demon for allowing the plundering of the City of Wonders.

At the inauguration of the New Lunar Temple:

The Dragonrise 

Same season, possibly same week:

The Liberation of Boldhome

Quite likely not much of an event, as provincial forces had been occupying eastern Tarsh even before the inauguration ceremonies:
Tarsh siezes Alda Chur

The Battle of Dangerford

The betrayal of Fazzur Wideread by the king.

News of the betrayal reached Fazzur in the middle of the battle, leading to Fazzur withdrawing his household forces and abandoning the planned crossing. The date is in the Starter Box.

Sacred Time indeed.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

2 hours ago, Muwatallis said:

The Dragonrise 

I don't think they all have precise dates, but the Dragonrise was on Clay Day, Harmony Week, Earth Season.

https://glorantha.fandom.com/wiki/Brown_Dragon_Rising

• Like 2

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

From The Eleven Lights, page 162:

Earth Season

The Dragonrise (date as above); The Liberation of Boldhome

Dark Season

Tarsh siezes Alda-Chur

The Battle of Dangerford

Page 168 of The Eleven Lights has Fazzur marching south from Alda-Chur on Godsday, Harmony Week, Fire Season, reaching Herongreen Fort on Waterday of Death Week, then camping there throughout Clayday. I assume that's an error and intended to be Dark Season. The Tarshite forces then march towards Dangerford on Windsday of Death Week, and the battle takes place that day (page 171).

Sacred Time

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

5 hours ago, Muwatallis said:

The Dragonrise - Clayday, Harmony week, Earth Season 1625

The Liberation of Boldhome - Clayday, Death week, Earth Season 1625: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/the-liberation-of-boldhome/

The Battle of Dangerford God Day, Movement Week, Earth Season. 

Kallyr's Short Lightbringer's Quest Sacred time 1625 (two weeks)

The second battle of Moonbroth - ambiguous could be 1624 

The liberation of Pavis - 1625 The siege lasts a week, followed by the final assault (King of Sartar)

Edited by David Scott
  • Helpful 2
  • Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

4 hours ago, David Scott said:

The second battle of Moonbroth - ambiguous could be 1624 

The liberation of Pavis - 1625 The siege lasts a week, followed by the final assault (King of Sartar)

If one goes by the Glorantha Sourcebook, p.39, the following are roughly inferred:

1625, Seaseason - 2nd battle of Moonbroth

1625, Seaseason - Argrath follows up with the Liberation of Pavis (after the battle of Moonbroth)

1625, Fireseason - Argrath's army is routed on the way to attack the New Lunar Temple

1625, Clayday, Harmony week, Earth Season - Dragonrise as noted above

While the dragonflight is visible immediately, news of the extent of the disaster probably takes a couple days by messenger bird to reach Furthest. By Death Week, Boldhome and Jonstown are taken. It probably takes a week+ for the Tarshite forces to organize and march to Alda-Chur, so roughly:

1625, during Stasis Week, Earthseason, Tarsh seizes Alda-chur

Then per David's note above:

1625, God Day, Movement Week, Earth Season, Battle of Dangerford

• Like 2

I think the fact that most people just responded with time order rather than specific dates is better for most campaigns. PCs never do what you want when you want, yet the campaign arc needs to progress appropriately. So don’t sweat specific dates, not even exact seasons…YGMV

I know in my campaign certain events had more impact if they happened in parallel with other events I ran, or between so PCs can engage at an appropriate level. Just have fun.

• Like 3