Where's the metal?

Nevermet

This is a rather silly question in that it is far too big to be reasonable:

Is there a map or something that shows where metal deposits are found in Genertela?

I'm hoping someone has an answer to a more reasonable version of the question.

Not a map, yet. For a start, one can check the trade goods in the Guide that shows regions of origin.

As a rule, where there are dwarfs there will be some metal under the mountains. We know the Iron Mountain(s) in Seshnela, source for the majority of the iron available to non-Mostali, and there are some other known deposits like under the Brass Mountains in Carmania where (volcano god) bronze is mined.

Bertalor's text on the metals of Arcos names a couple of Godtime battles that led to metal deposits. The Eleven Troll Battles in Uz Lore add to that, and the Mythology book may identify other such sites.

Place names are a good give-away - Copper Town in Tarsh for instance.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

I like to say the head of the god ripped off of Stormwalk Mountain (Jaja knows their name) is made of metal and landed along the Sypohn River ages ago and still isn't mined out. Jaja feels it has been but I say several undiscovered vien 

Curious if there is a map showing locations of past god's wars, which gods died, where and when... (maybe God Learner info) or you take the mirror from Smoking Ruins so miners could go do surveys of veins and start digging.

That pet krarshtkid would come in handy here! I am guessing they'd have more metal and or smuggle it as well or better than bandits, especially if they a Lunars and a bit more organized. Wow, this would be a cool scenario, similar the Crystal Garden in Shadows but with metal... 

Wouldn't Seolinthur's body have some metal? Like the idea of trying to mine in the Bog, get some ducks, newtlings and dwarves to help out!

What about Genert, has to be some big bones somewhere... maybe not rebuild him but rather profit from them bones?

Which known dead gods have metal bone remains.

I suppose you could locate any sort of unknown/nameless god body almost anywhere... Do the plateau of statues not have some metal... you'd have to tame the area you wished to mine however...

GtG p. 457

Dead gods
grin with perfect teeth at
those passing through the
ruins and lost parts of
dead gods pass among the
ruins as harmful winds,
blessings, and horrors.
Monstrous things, old pets
of the dead gods, sometimes awaken and snuffle about.

How much fun is that!

Seolinthur's Grave.png image.thumb.png.62f816acfe5560ead1d07e6559501c08.png

47 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

Curious if there is a map showing locations of past god's wars, which gods died, where and when...

Look at the Battles shown in the Gods Age maps in the Mythology book.

48 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

I like to say the head of the god ripped off of Stormwalk Mountain (Jaja knows their name) is made of metal

A head might not really be that large, even if from top of a mountain. And it is an Earth God, so would be copper (not currently noted for Heortland).

Copper is noted in Esrolia, Aggar, and Imther. Small tin deposits noted in the Auroch Hills - probably fallen star gods. 

Iron in Seshnela and associated with dwarfs there. 

The Guide's list of Trade Goods (or a search on each metal through the Guide) will identify most known locations.

52 minutes ago, Erol of Backford said:

What about Genert, has to be some big bones somewhere... maybe not rebuild him but rather profit from them bones?

The Copper Sands! Unfortunately not really mine-able.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jajagappa said:

10 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

I like to say the head of the god ripped off of Stormwalk Mountain (Jaja knows their name) is made of metal

A head might not really be that large, even if from top of a mountain. And it is an Earth God, so would be copper (not currently noted for Heortland).

The mountain deities often are children of Lodril, and thus may provide brass rather than copper from their bones.

That said, the Storm Mountains in particular also may have resulted from "plate tectonics" caused by the Footprint incident and thus might indeed be earth gods rather than volcano gods. Whether this goes for their biggest peaks is a different question again.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis