Classic Fantasy 2nd Edition Notes

threedeesix

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool cover. I like how the character's foot is outside the frame and he seems to be running into the adventure.

Great catch. That is exactly how I described it to a couple friends of mine. He represents the player entering the game world. I wonder if I changed everything outside the frame to jeans and a sneaker if people would get it? ;D

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Great catch. That is exactly how I described it to a couple friends of mine. He represents the player entering the game world. I wonder if I changed everything outside the frame to jeans and a sneaker if people would get it? ;D

Rod

Actually, if you could do that, it would be great! Perhaps even making the box a little smaller (set further back perspective wise) so that more of them are outside.

SDLeary

• 1 month later...

I would like to see hit locations use the standard twelve or so locations on a hit location specific die. Full Body/Each Hand/Each Foot/Each Arm/Each Leg/Head/Chest/Stomach

The table info is immaterial. And I will be buying this again. (Bought the 1E- Hope the GM info is packaged with it)

--Edit: I also hope that this is going to be mostly compatible with BRP, as I don't own any "Legend" material and don't want to use PDFs.

Edited by Link6746

I would like to see hit locations use the standard twelve or so locations on a hit location specific die. Full Body/Each Hand/Each Foot/Each Arm/Each Leg/Head/Chest/Stomach

Hit locations will be in the normal BRP format. Like you I have that Hit Location D12 and while I would use it for a game I was designing from scratch. I can't bring myself to do it for a BRP compatible system.

The table info is immaterial. And I will be buying this again. (Bought the 1E- Hope the GM info is packaged with it)

--Edit: I also hope that this is going to be mostly compatible with BRP, as I don't own any "Legend" material and don't want to use PDFs.

It will be very BRP compatible, at least as much as any other Legend book. The spell system will be very close to how I did it before. I am making some changes however as now I am not restrained to having to do things a certain way. But any of the spells should work with little to no conversion required for those that just want several hundred new spells for the BRP "Magic" system.

Here is an example of how some of the spells will be changing, yet remain compatible, the classic AD&D spell Feather Fall.

Feather Fall (Alteration)

Level: Magic-user 1

Components: V, M

Casting Time: 1 action or as a reaction

Range: 10 ft.

Area of Effect: 10 x 10 ft. area

Duration: 1 round

Resistance: None

MP cost: 1 per magnitude

When this spell is cast, creatures and/or objects of up to 20 SIZ/ENC combined, fall at a speed as slow as a feather. They fall no faster than 10 feet per round with no falling damage incurred while under the influence of the spell. If the spell wears off before those affected have landed they resume normal falling speed and determine falling damage from that point. This spell may be used as a defensive reaction on the caster or his allies. This allows the spell to protect from unexpected falls or even to slow propelled projectiles such as arrows or hurled spears in which they gently float to the ground and cause no damage.

Each additional level of magnitude increases the total creatures/objects affected by 15 SIZ/ENC, range by 10 ft. and the duration by another round.

As can be seen, the new version is just as compatible with BRP just needing some terminology changes to be used as is. It is truer to its AD&D counterpart than the version I wrote up in CF1 and won't end up costing the magic-user half his magic points to cost anymore either.

Anyway, back to writing,

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"