New News!

SDLeary

Hmmm, Mythic Greece and Mythic Arthur have been delayed/shelved, but the Fall of Byzantium is scheduled, so that is bad and good news for Alternate Earth.

3. MOB will be producing The Fall of Byzantium for an early 2014 release. This will be an epic campaign charting the fall of the city in May 1453 with the characters taking on the roles of Byzantium's besiegers. MOB's description was 'An awesome campaign. But it won't have a happy ending.'
Not a happy ending for the PC besiegers? So, the city doesn't fall in the end?

Glad to see more RQ Gloranthan supplement, of course. Many people think they systems are too close, but that really isn't the case. It would be good to see Glorantha as one of their supported systems.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I was hanging out for RQ6 Briton but you can't have everything. The fact that 3rd Age Glorantha is going to be supported again by RQ is just awesome news for me. I would love another Genertelan setting. Moon Design HW has focused on the Lunar Empire vs Colonies settings (Dragon Pass, Prax); I would love to see the Design Mechanism's take on Kethaela, Manira/New Coast, and Ralios, perhaps even on Fonria or the Janube River States. Regional sourcebooks could be good, as would urban gazettes for locations like Nochet, The Vent, Handra, or Sog City. In any case, RQ Adventures In Glorantha will be a great line, there is so much to expand upon. This news certainly has me stoked!

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I too was hoping for the Briton book, more because I like Pete's treatment of subjects (ROME anyone) than anything else. However, I like Glorantha as well, and would love to see an official treatment that works in d100, that is somewhat more in line with current thought of the world.

SDLeary

Erm, who said Mythic Briton is delayed/shelved? I didn't, and it isn't. Mythic Greece is pushed back, but Mythic Briton is not affected.

Not a happy ending for the PC besiegers? So, the city doesn't fall in the end?

Or a Pyrrhic victory? Or terrible personal loss? You'll have to wait for the campaign...

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Erm, who said Mythic Briton is delayed/shelved? I didn't, and it isn't. Mythic Greece is pushed back, but Mythic Briton is not affected.

No one, but in the announcement it wasn't mentioned, so I think we all thought it was pushed back with the other items. :)

SDLeary

I thought I saw something that said that other things that were not mentioned were being delayed. Since Mythic Briton wasn't mentioned, the implication was that it was not in the current queue and hence was being delayed.

For what it is worth, I am glad that it isn't. Obviously, I claim full credit for galvanising you into action following the earlier post. :)

Or a Pyrrhic victory? Or terrible personal loss? You'll have to wait for the campaign...

A Pyrrhic victory is still a victory. So what if the streets are filled with disease and corpses and there is nothing left in the city to sack as it has all been destroyed. At least we will have won!

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Oooh damn. I had just decided that I was done with playing in Glorantha once we have finished Harreksaga (thus not soon in any case). But reading about RQ:AiG coming soon and MOB writing for Glorantha again after - how long was that, fifteen years? - from the shelving of his last project has me hooked up again.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM