Two Weapon Combat?

Tywyll

I'd say you'd have the opportunity to make two attacks, but then no parries/dodges, but I'm pretty stuck in my old RQ ways so I haven't checked it in the new book yet. Anyone else?

SGL.

No extra attack unless you would have one normally. The second weapon is mainly used for defense with the added advantage of having a second ready weapon in case something happens to your primary.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

No extra attack unless you would have one normally. The second weapon is mainly used for defense with the added advantage of having a second ready weapon in case something happens to your primary.

Rod

This sounds like how it's meant to work in the RAW to me. The riposte rules aren't in BRP Zero.

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

The riposte rules aren't in BRP Zero.

Really!? Shame on me, that's two things I should have mentioned during playtest. (The first is that the cat stats from Dreamlands weren't included when dog stats where.)

Riposte rules??!

I'm at work right now. I'll post them when I get home.

70/420

These are taken from Stormbringer5.

Riposte

This occurs only if using two weapons or a weapon and shield.

Not more than once in a round per combatant, a critical parry allows the parrying character to make a riposte with the weapon (or shield) that didn't parry. The riposte is a free attack that does not count against DEX rank position - it occurs in the DEX rank of the parry. This free attack can be parried or dodged, and armor defends normally against it.

Also...

Two Weapons

Two hand-to-hand weapons can be used, rather than one weapon or one weapon and a shield. Moonglum almost always fought this way, counting on his armor and dexterous parries for protection. The weapons need not be of the same class. Any adventurer can be declared ambidextrous, so any fighter can try this style. Skill for the second hand starts at half of the current skill. Make a separate adventurer sheet entry for it.

Besides ripostes, fighting with two weapons offers the advantage of having a second weapon in hand in case of breakage or a fumble. Two weapons can be advantageous in dark places, when a fire brand could be wielded as a weapon and give light by which to sword fight.

70/420