YAY!

I'm gonna wait till I have it goes on sell. I trust that it is coming just not going to get to excited in case there is a delay at the printers or something.

Sheesh. Way to crap on my happies. :(

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

I'm gonna wait till I have it goes on sell. I trust that it is coming just not going to get to excited in case there is a delay at the printers or something.

An eminently reasonable position, given the delays. I'm holding this view as well.

In the "managing expectations" vein, I hope everyone realizes that it will almost certainly have some share of glitches and rules inadequacies, as all games do. It definitely won't please everyone completely, and will likely spawn as many houserules as it does lay them to rest.

Inevitably, several (not too few, but not too many) years down the line, BRP Revised (or BRP2) will address all of these issues and will be met with equal regard and disregard.

Sheesh. Way to crap on my happies. :(

I'm not trying to crap on your happiness in the least. By all means celibrate and enjoy! I'm glad your happy. I won't be joining you till it goes on sale though because I've got excited before about other books that were delayed for one reason or the other. That way in case it does get delayed due to the printer or some other reason I don't get let down. Don't get me wrong I want this book bad, just not gonna celibrate before it's out.

141/420

An eminently reasonable position, given the delays. I'm holding this view as well.

In the "managing expectations" vein, I hope everyone realizes that it will almost certainly have some share of glitches and rules inadequacies, as all games do. It definitely won't please everyone completely, and will likely spawn as many houserules as it does lay them to rest.

Inevitably, several (not too few, but not too many) years down the line, BRP Revised (or BRP2) will address all of these issues and will be met with equal regard and disregard.

None the less it will be good to have all of what is in the 1st edition in one place.

141/420

Another release date to look forward to. Yay. :rolleyes:;)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Whenever the new BRP will be published, and whatever problems it may then

still have, it will doubtless be at least as good as the Zero Edition - and for

me this is sufficient reason for a very excited Yay !

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I'm just a pessimist by nature...

Pessimism is generally accurate, I find. (Look, I don't want to say too much, but haven't you guys heard of tempting fate?)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

If not a YAY then how about an HUZZAH!

Seriously, I know from experience a bit of what Jason has gone through. By the time a book gets printed, the publication process has wrung most of the joy out of you. But lets remember this might be the book that opens the door for BRP to grow and get the recognition it deserves. I got a Zero-th Edition and I'll be getting the 1st Edition too.

Three cheers for BRP!

Yeah, Chaosium's site still says it's due for release "early next year" - I hope that's just not been updated since '07, but maybe they mean it...

Hey Jason Im very thankful that the BRP book was made. I bought the zero edition and plan on picking up the 1st edition when it comes out. I have loved the system since I played back in the 80's. My opinion from edition zero is you did a great job Jason. Hope you continue with more projects for chaosium.

You know, I love BRP. It's a system that manages to remain simple, yet has tremendous capacity for detail without bogging down the game horrendously. I can't wait to craft game worlds with this book, and threedeesix's book has me excited as well.

All in all, even if there is a delay, it's coming. And that's something that makes me happy!

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft