RQ 2 Returns!

MOB

1 hour ago, ajtheronin said:

Is possible to get a preview of the pledge levels?

Pledge levels are "In the tribe", "Lay member", "Initiate", "Rune Lord", "Rune Priest", "Rune Lord-Priest" and "High Priest". As to what is offered at each level, you'll have to wait until Friday...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MOB said:

Start time for the RuneQuest Classic Edition Kickstarter is tomorrow (Friday) at 7am EST!  12 Noon GMT

Are you/Chaosium planning on having backer levels that only a limited number of backers can participate in? (Kind of early bird specials, I guess, that I've seen with other Kickstarters). If so, that's unfortunate for myself, and other PSTers. I love RQ2, but I also love sleep.

Just now, K Peterson said:

Are you/Chaosium planning on having backer levels that only a limited number of backers can participate in? (Kind of early bird specials, I guess, that I've seen with other Kickstarters). If so, that's unfortunate for myself, and other PSTers. I love RQ2, but I also love sleep.

The only backer level with a limit is the top one - high priest. Everyone can be a rune lord, rune priest, etc.

On 26/11/2015, 07:55:41, Vorax Transtellaris said:

Could someone give me an idea of how this compares rules-wise to OpenQuest/Renaissance and Magic World?

I've answered a similar question in another thread. The answer makes a pretty detailed rules comparison between RQ2 and Open Quest. Have a look!

http://basicroleplaying.org/topic/4118-runequest-2-reprint/?do=findComment&comment=63882 

Guest Vile Traveller

If I want to go for a leatherette book plus several "ordinary" hardcovers, what do I do? Pledge at the leatherette level and just add $30 per hardback?

1 hour ago, Vile said:

If I want to go for a leatherette book plus several "ordinary" hardcovers, what do I do? Pledge at the leatherette level and just add $30 per hardback?

Yeah, that is the standard Kickstarter way to do it. At the end of the campaign, you get asked to pick your add-ons from the surplus cash. You'll just select x number of hardbacks.