Latest news about RQ:G?

Yinkin

Greetings!

I was wondering how things are coming along with the new RuneQuest? The design posts were very interesting and illuminating, and now I am eagerly waiting the release of the game! Will there be more design blog posts? And is there an approximate release date? I have a vague memory of Gencon being mentioned, but I am not sure it is true or just wishful thinking!

I'm just finishing up version 2.6 for internal review. I then plan to let version 3.0 go out for a broader playtest. I'll be running RQ4 sessions at Chimeriades, Eternal Con, UK Game Expo, and GenCon. In the playtests so far, the Runes, Rune Points and passions have worked wonderfulyl, and the Family Background in character generation allows deep immersion into the setting for newbies (and lots of wonderful rewards for old time Glorantha-philes). The core rules engine is RQ2 (with plenty of modifications, of course - frex, Attack and Parry uses the same skill) - and conversion with RQ2 scenarios is very easy (basically only when it comes to listing available Rune Magic).

• Like 9

Good to hear it's coming along nicely. Looking forward to trying it out. What is the relation between the new RQ rules and BRP Essentials (if that's what you still call it now that TDM is not involved any more)? Will it be a simplified version of RQ2/RQ4 with some small changes only?

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s