Order of preorder..?

Hi all.

I'm just wondering, Chaosium has stated that preordering the BRP book is now available from their website. But, if one have already done that (as I have) from Steve Jackson Games' website, what preorder goes first??

I know this is probably the wrong place for this question, but maybe I'll get lucky and get an answer from the Chaosium people here also? Otherwise I'll get in touch with them there.

Happy with all answers on this one.

Erik Brickman.

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx

Hi all.

I'm just wondering, Chaosium has stated that preordering the BRP book is now available from their website. But, if one have already done that (as I have) from Steve Jackson Games' website, what preorder goes first??

I know this is probably the wrong place for this question, but maybe I'll get lucky and get an answer from the Chaosium people here also? Otherwise I'll get in touch with them there.

Happy with all answers on this one.

Erik Brickman.

I don't know, but I would suspect that it'll ship faster from Chaosium.

I preordered from Amazon.com, and not only got the Super Saver Shipping, but also an extra $2 off. And Amazon delivers much faster than Chaosium. I'm sure Amazon has a good supply on hand by the shipping date, which is supposed to be tomorrow.

I did order one thing from Steve Jackson games and found that the shipping was pretty fast, there, too. I had to wait "forever" for a monograph from Chaosium.

My estimate was based on the notion that copies will be delivered first to Chaosium, then distributed to other retailers (amazon, warehouse23, etc.).

It's true that a lot of it depends on how quickly Chaosium gets individual orders out the door.

hi guys

this specifically relates to dredj"s assertion that BRP ships from us amazon on or around the 4th june. However the earliest available date i could find on the site was june 20th? what gives?

I'm just going by the date that Amazon.com, U.S. has down. I very recently "preordered" another item from Amazon that's still in preorder stage, despite the fact that it was shipped to me 2 days ago. So Amazon is not proving to be very reliable a source for shipping dates.

Chaosium says the book will be released late in the month, but doesn't give a date.

hi dredj

where do they have that date? i can't find it anywhere? you gotta link?

If you preorder it and look in your account, you should see it. It's not on the product page but in your account after you order it as a shipping estimate. It might have changed since it was supposed to ship on the 3rd. But mine still shows as June 3rd.

Anyone know when the BRP PDF will become available? I ordered it on 5/18, and the 'My Downloads' section seems to be broken.

And don't forget Realism Rule # 1 "If you can do it in real life you should be able to do it in BRP". - Simon Phipp

Btw, everyone, the Amazon shipping date has been updated today to June 24th.

[Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on May 12 2008 21:06 PDT . Unfortunately, the release date for the

item(s) listed below has

changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based

on the new release date:

Chaosium (Author) "Basic Roleplaying: The Chaosium d100 system

(Basic Roleplaying)" [Paperback]

Estimated arrival date: 07/01/2008 - 07/08/2008

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

WHY WAS THE DELIVERY ESTIMATE CHANGED?

While we do our best to adhere to these estimates, our inventory is

constantly

changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers.

Occasionally,

unexpected fluctuations in supply or changes in release dates for new

products will

add time to our original availability estimate.

Btw, everyone, the Amazon shipping date has been updated today to June 24th.

[Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on May 12 2008 21:06 PDT . Unfortunately, the release date for the

item(s) listed below has

changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based

on the new release date:

Estimated arrival date: 07/01/2008 - 07/08/2008

Hmm, I got an updated ETA as well..

Estimated arrival date: 06/25/2008 - 06/27/2008

But looks like I pre-ordered a few days prior to you...

At Play in the Fields of the Fnord