What is Functionally Incapacitated?

10baseT

What does Functionally Incapacitated mean exactly? How do i become no longer functionally incapacitated?

I'm looking at page 20 in the rulebook, RQ Classic/RQ2, and it says i can no longer fight until healed, i'm in shock and i can heal myself. If i can heal myself what's the difference between casting a different spell than healing (maybe because i can't fight i cant attempt to overcome another's POW)? And how far do i need to be healed before i'm no longer functionally incapacitated? I'm curious to see what others do.

I house rule the functionally incapacitated condition ends when the location in question is healed to positive hit points. And anyone trying to hit you automatically does. But anyway, curious to see what others do. Also curious to see what the new RQ will do.

It means that not only do you take on the results of a hit point location being exceeded (arm useless, leg damaged so that you must fall), but you can no longer fight or move or, presumably, take offensive action.  You can cast the Healing spell on yourself as one option if you can touch the wounded location.  I'd say that to recover, you need to restore the limb to 0 or positive HPs.  A 3pt limb can take 6pt of damage.  Healing 2 is needed to stop bleeding. But you'd probably need at least Healing 3 to put you at 0pts, or Healing 4 to put you back at 1pt.

The only way not to be incapacitated with this damage is with something like the Minotaur's Battle Rage.  With that, you can keep fighting until you drop.