BRP Posted to RPG.net Index

Wow. I've been reading my copy since I received it this afternoon.

I find it to be well compiled, modified, and simplified with the concept of creating one's own setting evident in every chapter.

Reading the entries in the pages, the flavor of the system filled me with nostalgia of all the old homebrew settings I made with my buddies when we were kids. Now I can have them again with a system that facilitates play much in the same way we modified AD&D 2e, but crafted to suit the genre.

I have shifted all of my books around on my shelf to accommodate this book a place of honor on my "top shelf" between my Call of Cthulhu books and Unknown Armies 2nd Ed.

For spiking my Nostalg-o-Meter and giving me usable, highly accessible tools to recreate the settings that only existed in my imagination as a junior high student, I've given this book a 10.

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft

For spiking my Nostalg-o-Meter and giving me usable, highly accessible tools to recreate the settings that only existed in my imagination as a junior high student, I've given this book a 10.

For me, the high score represents the overwhelming effort needed to present nearly the entirety of BRP's incarnations in one system. And it worked!

And don't forget Realism Rule # 1 "If you can do it in real life you should be able to do it in BRP". - Simon Phipp

I find it to be well compiled, modified, and simplified with the concept of creating one's own setting evident in every chapter.

Applause for your review. Not as loud as the one that Jason and Sam truly deserve, but applause!

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

I have already done one. But in Italian. Are non-English articles allowed here, Trif?

And yes, I am too lazy to translate it.

Not really to useful if the first review in the review section for BRP is in italian, as it will stay on top, but you could always open a thread with it?

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 3 weeks later...

Son of a submariner!

Some White Wolf fanboy's rating of 3 (!) plummeted BRP back to 147th on the chart.

*rolls up sleeves*

Pardon me whilst I begin my review. Despite my love of the system, it's not difficult to remain impartial of the system's lethality and how it calls for a certain kind of gamer.

Still, this system is venerable, having undergone decades of development, and the book is well-written, makes it easy to learn the system, easy to reference, and highly playable.

I think it deserves high marks.

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

- H.P. Lovecraft