HeroQuest Actual Play

Y Mab Darogan

So circumstances have enforced an extended hiatus from gaming but I still have that itch to scratch so...

Can anybody recommend any good HeroQuest (preferably Glorantha) actual plays I can read or watch? With HQ I'd especially like stuff that has a bit of rules explanations.

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

22 minutes ago, David Scott said:

This might be of use to you, it's spirit magic specific, but should give you an idea:

All my examples are actual play-thoughs.

Wow. That was a fantastically well written example. I usually take ages to work out what people are doing but that was clear, succinct and entertaining to read.

• Like 1

“Fe Godwn ni eto”

”Yma o hyd”

”Cymru rydd”

7 hours ago, HorusArisen said:

So circumstances have enforced an extended hiatus from gaming but I still have that itch to scratch so...

Can anybody recommend any good HeroQuest (preferably Glorantha) actual plays I can read or watch? With HQ I'd especially like stuff that has a bit of rules explanations.

On rpggeek.com you can find several PbF games using HeroQuest Glorantha. I had the luck to enter an already running game in spring this year, which had already run for several years (but only several weeks in game time, as the pace is obviously much slower than in a real tabletop game). Going through the backlog of the previous game sessions gave me a lot of insight on how to handle certain situation in HeroQuest. E.g. the last pages of the OOC thread give a pretty good example how @jajagappa supported me in creating a new character (after playing an already existing character before.

I can recommend this game play definitely, but it's a *lot* of material to digest ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

On rpggeek.com you can find several PbF games using HeroQuest Glorantha. I had the luck to enter an already running game in spring this year, which had already run for several years (but only several weeks in game time, as the pace is obviously much slower than in a real tabletop game). Going through the backlog of the previous game sessions gave me a lot of insight on how to handle certain situation in HeroQuest. E.g. the last pages of the OOC thread give a pretty good example how @jajagappa supported me in creating a new character (after playing an already existing character before.

I can recommend this game play definitely, but it's a *lot* of material to digest ...

As @Oracle notes, my Orlmarth campaign is getting on towards 3 years running, so there's a lot of material, but you're welcome to browse through.

There's a lot on some of the basics of character creation and the like in the OOC (out-of-character) threads.  The original one starts here: HQG Orlmarth Campaign - OOC thread.

For IC (in-character) threads, the original one probably has the most questions and the like on 'how to play' as we were all just getting into the feel of what an HQG game is like.  HQG Orlmarth Campaign - original IC thread

For something a bit more quest-like, the 5th thread has a pretty good flow, though we've been running long enough that there's not much discussion on how to use the rules.  HQG Orlmarth Campaign - 5th IC thread 

But if you read some and have questions about how I've run or approached certain aspects, you can certainly ask here.

• Like 1

I have so far only chronicled the last session of our Colymar campaign, but it was pretty heroic. One of the PC's iniciation into the cult of Humakt:

The initiate of Humakt   :angry:

As always, feel free to use the Translation gadget on the right margin.

Edited by Runeblogger

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/