16-18 Left Arm AP HP
19-20 Head AP HP

Passions:

Fatigue:

Power Points:

Equipment:

Powers:

Description:

Download link for .txt file in a zip: http://dragonersdomain.com/forum/download/file.php?id=764

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, clarence said:

Hmm, she won't win many social conflicts with CHA 6 : )

She is pretty demure, more adapted to the technical side, at least that's the feeling I get. In my experience, there is always that NPC that needs to be left on the space ship, she would be good as that person.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, heathd666 said:

looks great !

if there is anything i can help you with on your character sheet for example form fillable etc please let me know

Thanks! I will let you know. For a long time I have used txt or word for character sheets, word prints to pdf if I need it, not form fillable though. Often I use a combination of pics and text in posts for play-by-post type games.

• 7 months later...
On 6/27/2017 at 2:28 PM, dragoner said:

She is pretty demure, more adapted to the technical side, at least that's the feeling I get. In my experience, there is always that NPC that needs to be left on the space ship, she would be good as that person.

And of course there's the potential for amusing fish-out-of-water play when circumstances force her into the social realm ... ;)

But yeah, I've got the "kind of geeky, not socially adept" vibe.  Starship pilot is technical / INT and reflexive / DEX, doesn't seem to demand the "fighter jock" physical fitness & machismo of military pilots of today.

But it *IS* worth noting that with CHA 6 she's probably NEVER gonna get far in a command-track career...  :rolleyes:

C'es ne pas un .sig

11 hours ago, g33k said:

... she's probably NEVER gonna get far in a command-track career

Which is a good reason for her being where she is. I made her to stand in the background, so as to not steal any limelight from the players. The GM for the CoC game I am a player in, she explicitly said that we could re-roll any characteristic below 8, I think that is a reasonable idea, and if I were to use Rica as a PC, I'd say to do that.

Part of what I am doing here, other than generating NPC's, is to evaluate how the numbers work on paper, as on the next NPC, I put the best stat roll in char. I will generate 10, then go from there; clarence's pre-gens are very nice for explaining the system's chargen as well.

http://www.frostbytebooks.com/#downloads

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dragoner said:

Which is a good reason for her being where she is. I made her to stand in the background, so as to not steal any limelight from the players...

Frankly, I often prefer a character with a "sub-optimal" dump-stat.  CHA /is/ the traditional one, but I'm OK with a CHA-dumped PC occasionally being put into the social limelight.  Sometimes it's comic, sometimes tragic, sometimes tragicomic...  There's usually good RP'ing to be had for any outcome, and lots of plot-complications for the other players & the GM to riff off of.

Cos, y'know, life happens...

And despite your Face character schmoozing his way into the Port Authority to handle Customs and defuse the issue with that hostile Light Cruiser hanging offsation.... sometimes some dockside scum points an overeager young Security officer at a "likely rebel sympathizer on that ship..."  And lo!  The CHA=6 Pilot has to Handle Thi0ngs...

And frankly, this is (IMHO) a Good Thing!

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 4 months later...

Ok, I will make more characters, they are fun to make too. :) 

Northwest Smith is the inspiration for Han Solo, other than being 30's pulp, I like the stories. CL Moore is very good, her story "Shambleau" is the source of an earlier avatar I had, her stories run the gamut from pulpy 30's style space opera, to thoughtful stories such being about love and addiction the way Shambleau is. Needless to say I like her, though much of her work are masterpieces of early science fiction.

Excellent. Looking forward to them. More C L Moore characters?

I find the connection between Northwest Smith and Han Solo intriguing. And very obvious once you see it. So, George Lucas took equal parts mythological storytelling, pulp sci-fi and mysticism to craft Star Wars?

Edited by clarence

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

1 hour ago, clarence said:

So, George Lucas took equal parts mythological storytelling, pulp sci-fi and mysticism to craft Star Wars?

Plus the stuff he ripped off from, er, included in homage to, Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress...  There's a movie I haven't seen in years.  I remember that I liked it, though. 🙂

• Like 1

Our latest Horror Fantasy adventure has arrived.  Check out Old Bones Publishing on DriveThruRPG.com!

2 hours ago, clarence said:

Excellent. Looking forward to them. More C L Moore characters?

I find the connection between Northwest Smith and Han Solo intriguing. And very obvious once you see it. So, George Lucas took equal parts mythological storytelling, pulp sci-fi and mysticism to craft Star Wars?

There are some good CL Moore characters, I will try to do more, many I have done are just archetypes of sci-fi.

As far as I know, Northwest Smith is the first instance of the loveable rogue smuggler with a spaceship, so I can't think of any other main influence.  know Lucas cited Joseph Campbell's "The Hero With A Thousand Faces" as an influence, and Star Wars is very "monomythic": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero's_journey  He had Leigh Brackett as one of the writers for Empire Strikes Back, and she was a contemporary of Moore, and called "The Queen of Space Opera". Lucas is the one who came up with "midichlorians" so it seems he was trying to scale back on the mysticism some. Then again, the Star Wars universe is all over the place with different ideas from a vast array of writers, so much so that sometimes it's a minefield talking about it places; I love the aesthetic of a dirty, care worn universe that it has.

• Like 1

I read 'The Hero With A Thousand Faces' a few years ago. It's easy to see how it influenced Lucas. I found the book a bit too dense for casual reading though, but the basic monomyth idea is fascinating.

While reading, I also read about the book - and that was almost as interesting. It turns out many found it an eye-opener regarding storytelling. And just as many considered it the worst thing that ever happened to Hollywood, blaming it for producing piles of crap (or larger piles of crap, depending on your viewpoint). 

If you're curious about the concept, avoid Campbell and read Christopher Vogler's 'The Writer's Journey' instead. It's much clearer and better adapted to contemporary storytelling. 

@Matt_E I'll check 'The Hidden Fortress'!
  • Like 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s