Guide to Glorantha Group Read Week 12 - Hum Chang

p278 Wah Hua has a barge temple to the Blue Dragons (note plural) of the Deep.  Perhaps a reference to the offspring of the Blue Dragon?

p278 Weiyanmiao Xulong. The writing about the August Temples of the Dragons of the Dawn implies that Thella is considered a Dragon in Kralorela.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, davecake said:

What connection is there, if any, between the monkeys of Hou Shi and the baboons of Prax? 

The island of Zon An is about as far from Genert's Wastes as you can get while staying in Kralorela. My first associations were Japanese macaques or the Indian monkey gangs hiding in their hindu temples. Nothing Chinese, refreshingly.

It is quite possible that these monkeys trace their origin to Kang Luway from Teshnos - there was a time before Zon An became an island.

The Praxian baboons tell of their own Monkey Ruins near the Storm Mountains as their kingdom, on the far side of Genert's Garden.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 21.9.2017 at 5:38 PM, davecake said:

What connection is there, if any, between the monkeys of Hou Shi and the baboons of Prax? 

The island of Zon An is about as far from Genert's Wastes as you can get while staying in Kralorela. My first associations were Japanese macaques or the Indian monkey gangs hiding in their hindu temples. Nothing Chinese, refreshingly.

It is quite possible that these monkeys trace their origin to Kang Luway from Teshnos - there was a time before Zon An became an island.

The Praxian baboons tell of their own Monkey Ruins near the Storm Mountains as their kingdom, on the far side of Genert's Garden.

There is another group of mythically active monkeys in the east, the Resplendent Monkey King of distant Forng. It looks like there are monkey civilizations evenly spaced throughout Glorantha.

6 hours ago, davecake said:

Sure, Zon An is along way from the Wastes, but Duck Point is a long way from the East Isles too. I dislike excessive proliferation of minor intelligent races myself. Fewer races with more complex history i find aesthetically better. 

Then you'll have to add Forng to your list with monkey cultures. Revealed Mythologies p.85.