Guide to Glorantha Group Read Week 13 - Karasal

p.311 - the Miringite Cave in the Darsen Hills as Dawn exit from the 4th and 5th Underworlds. The Theyalans have their own deities appear at the Gates of Dawn.  Are there other such Underworld exits elsewhere? (5th Underworld is really deep...)

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, davecake said:

Thurkeros - this reference to Dendenus is the only one I could find. Denesiods story is in The Fortunate Sucession, but his own original story is as a child of Raibamus. So I'm not sure how Dendenus figures into the story of Denesiods New Light - anyone?

There is Dendeneus, the foe of Ovosto, in Glorious ReAscent of Yelm. Symbolic because he overcomes a bad emperor enthroned with lessened rites.

I don't recall encountering a many-headed goddess anywhere. Various gods or heroes, yes. Many-limbed goddesses, too.

A hydra is very much a snake or serpent, so it would have been some kind of hungry earth protectress. 

1 hour ago, davecake said:

Is there another reference to the word ejem anwhere? Or know what it means?

From context, one might speculate its meaning is not unlike rishathra. 

I am more interested in "creatures from other worlds" summoned into Glorantha. Gloranthan Otherworlds, or ancient ages? Or worlds apart? Dream worlds?

Ejem might also be something like a Virtual Reality experience in the body of one of these creatures from other worlds. Probably still involving intercourse, given the context.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

7 hours ago, davecake said:

Karantes - the story of the Red City, and the Red King, is in the Entekosiad. The Hero ArLenish is in a footnote in The Entekosiad. But I do not know where the goddess who is worshipped as a hydra is from. 

The Atarks or the Extark (or variations thereof in the Entekosiad) or the Goakstart (Glorious ReAscent or Guide p671 that slew Vanarthurd.  It seems to be a monstrous other that attacks enemies of the Women's Tribe (who are described several times as saying "I do not know what you are talking about).  The Red King apparently fought it at some point and in doing so became Naveria's father.

I don't see any mention of those beings being hydralike,, or many headed, and in the Extark story it's the opposite (the Extark is specifically woman like). The Extark story etc are probably more references to Gorgorma, or a related being, the monstrous feminine. 

I guess you could stretch it to say that as some forms of Gorgorma have snakes for hair, that is potentially hydra like?