RD100 Settings

Mankcam

Okay, I just stumbled across this - I haven't heard about it so I suspect it's relatively new, just wondering if there are any reviews or opinions on it?

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/201867/The-Shade-Land?src=also_purchased&coverSizeTestPhase2=true&word-variants=true

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Interesting, it says that paolo is the author and Alephtar games the publisher, but we haven't heard anything about it.

Perhaps this is a new form of stealth advertising - Wait until someone sees it and spread the news by word of mouth or on forums.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

3 hours ago, Mankcam said:

Okaym, I just stumbled across this - I haven't heard about it so I suspect it's relatively new, just wondering if there are any reviews or opinions on it?

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/201867/The-Shade-Land?src=also_purchased&coverSizeTestPhase2=true&word-variants=true

It is as new as 11 months new :) I suspect you missed the original announcement.

It is an example of a high fantasy world for Revolution D100, with races, magic etc. etc. If you want to try something classic and do not have your homebrew ready, here is something you can use out of the box. Zit's comment "si vous en avez assez des elfes gentils" (if you have had enough of nice elves) in the article he has linked above says it all. Oh, and you can use all of that cool "dark elves and giant spiders" iconography from D&D for it.

--------------

Back on track. Apart from Merrie England which you already have, there are other things in the making.

• Red Moon Rising is scheduled to appear in 2018, I will post some pictures of the revised comic books later today.
  • Wind on the Steppes is undergoing review, and it might be ready rather soon as there are no cataclysmic changes to make and we already have a layout template ready. Early 2018 is a good estimate. Maybe very early.
  • The Rise of the Yokai Koku will appear in electronic format even earlier than WotS. It is a full campaign rather than a setting, but contains a lot of important details about generating a Sengoku era character that you may reuse for other games. The character generation process is consolidated and Gianni-approved, so you can rest assured that the game "feels oriental".

So yes, we are working on some settings. Needless to say, if anyone has anything to submit, we will enjoy reading it :)

• Like 3

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

4 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:
  • The Rise of the Yokai Koku will appear in electronic format even earlier than WotS. It is a full campaign rather than a setting, but contains a lot of important details about generating a Sengoku era character that you may reuse for other games. The character generation process is consolidated and Gianni-approved, so you can rest assured that the game "feels oriental".

Super excited about this!!! :lol: Yay! :lol:

BTW, I remember making Paolo talk a bit about The Shade Land here.  :P

Edited by Runeblogger
  • Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

I have no idea how I missed The Shade Land, I must drop the ball from time to time ;)

The BRP version of Wind On The Steppes was excellent, and it makes sense to port all that work into RD100. I am a backer for Red Moon Rising, so that should be pretty cool when it gets finished. I have previously not heard anything about The Rise of the Yokai Koku, but it sounds great. Glad to see more things ahead for RD!00!

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"