Middle-earth Basic Roleplaying preview

Fergo113

• 3 weeks later...

I have loaded the image free version (except of Dario's images which he has given me permission to use) of Chapter 9 for Middle-earth BRP into the downloads section.

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to check for any format errors or page number errors, so I have simply removed most of the images in the original file. :(

If you would like the full image and formatted version, send me a PM here at the BRP forum and I will send you a FileFactory link to download it. It is around 16meg.

Cheers & Enjoy!

Fergo113

I'm very impressed with the content. Very atmospheric.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the other chapters. Particularly 'Magic'.

Although saying that, Creature's and Free peoples are enough to run a pretty decent campaign.

Thanks. I plan to do a BRP version of the old MERP adventures Bree and the Barrow-downs and Troll's of the Misty Mountains (I will be making a bunch of changes and additions however), but these would be at least another year away. I want to complete the chapters for Equipment and Professions before these campaigns however.

I have loaded the image free version (except of Dario's images which he has given me permission to use) of Chapter 9 for Middle-earth BRP into the downloads section.

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to check for any format errors or page number errors, so I have simply removed most of the images in the original file. :(

If you would like the full image and formatted version, send me a PM here at the BRP forum and I will send you a FileFactory link to download it. It is around 16meg.

Cheers & Enjoy!

Fergo113

Damn.... this is vera vera nicea. :thumb::shocked:

Question though.... How do I become independently wealty like you so that I can pump this much quality out of my computer?! ;)

SDLeary

Damn.... this is vera vera nicea. :thumb::shocked:

Question though.... How do I become independently wealty like you so that I can pump this much quality out of my computer?! ;)

SDLeary

Just use Office 2007... but you will need a second mortgage in order to aford that :(

Then all you need is looooootttttsssss of spare time. I tend to find mine when my wife and the kids are sleeping (usually at 2am!)

Cheers,

Fergo113

It looks good. Can't wait to read it.

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, Fergo, but I notice your avatar looks like a screencap from LOTRO. Are you still playing the game? I was in it from closed beta until recently. I decided it was time to take a break... I think I'll be heading back in soon, though.

Which server are you on? I'm on Landroval.

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, Fergo, but I notice your avatar looks like a screencap from LOTRO. Are you still playing the game?

:( I was about to break down and sign up for a free trial. Finally. But my laptop's video card isn't up to the task. <sigh>

It looks good. Can't wait to read it.

I've been meaning to ask you this for a while, Fergo, but I notice your avatar looks like a screencap from LOTRO. Are you still playing the game? I was in it from closed beta until recently. I decided it was time to take a break... I think I'll be heading back in soon, though.

Which server are you on? I'm on Landroval.

Well spotted. I do play, though I haven't been on for a few months due to other priorities. I'm on the Arkenstone server and currently in Moria (must get back there!).

If you find yourself on Arkenstone, send me a PM here and I'll let you know my avatar's name so you can track me down.

Hi, I don't suppose that you have a character sheet kicking around? I don't recall seeing one in the download section.

I have a bunch of early version character sheets kicking around that my rpg group used when we were playing with some of the ideas I'm now writing up.

They need to be fixed up as some of the mechanics reflect what I was doing with the game before the BRP rulebook was released. I'm pretty sure I know how its all going to come together now, so I'll see if I can't fix up a version and post it this weekend.

Hi, I don't suppose that you have a character sheet kicking around? I don't recall seeing one in the download section.

I've just added a bunch of character sheets for the various player character races and also an equipment sheet and magic sheet. All are available in the Downloads section.

Cheers, :thumb:

Fergo113

• 5 months later...

I've just added a bunch of character sheets for the various player character races and also an equipment sheet and magic sheet. All are available in the Downloads section.

Cheers, :thumb:

Fergo113

Wow. You really wemt to town with the character sheets.

Good stuff.

I think I'll print some off and pass them round my group to see how they feel. However, I've just run the 4th session of Pendragon GPC and don't want to let my GamerADD scupper that just yet.

Perhaps if I can get some one else to run it?

Likes to sneak around

115/420

Wow. You really wemt to town with the character sheets.

Good stuff.

I think I'll print some off and pass them round my group to see how they feel. However, I've just run the 4th session of Pendragon GPC and don't want to let my GamerADD scupper that just yet.

Perhaps if I can get some one else to run it?

Thanks Merak,

If you want a copy of the fully imaged (ie pictures and background etc) pdf's for Chapters 9 & 10, send me a PM here with an email address I can send FileFactory link to. Their heafty files at around 47 and 17 meg each, but the imaged versions are much better (I feel) than the non-imaged ones.

Cheers,

Fergo113

Thanks Merak,

If you want a copy of the fully imaged (ie pictures and background etc) pdf's for Chapters 9 & 10, send me a PM here with an email address I can send FileFactory link to. Their heafty files at around 47 and 17 meg each, but the imaged versions are much better (I feel) than the non-imaged ones.

Cheers,

Fergo113

Fergo,

Thanks but I already have them from 9 August 2009.

With that, I think I have enough to start a game. Magic in ME being what it is can be dealt the Pendragon way.

Its a great effort and hope to see the completed works one day.

By the way, is their a Contents page yet? I assume so, as you know what your chapters are.

Likes to sneak around

115/420

By the way, is their a Contents page yet? I assume so, as you know what your chapters are.

The original format I had in draft was set out in the following chapters:

1 Overview of Middle-earth

2 Character Creation

3 Professions

4 Mechanics

5 Special Abilities

6 Combat Rules

7 Magic

8 Equipment and Magical Items

9 The Free Peoples

10 Creatures

Appendix: Map's and other stuff

However, this little project of mine was started before Chaosium released the new BRP core rules. As such Chapter 2 will need to be re-drafted to a support for Middle-earth character creation in conjunction with the BRP core rules. Chapters 4, 5 & 6 will also need to be revamped as they were heavily based on the original Runequest rules, at the very least Chapter 4 will become Spot Rules.

I would like (time permitting) to finish the Magic chapter, then complete both the Equipment/Magical Items and Professions chapters. The other uncompleted chapters are now kind of redundant I guess.

The original format I had in draft was set out in the following chapters:

1 Overview of Middle-earth

2 Character Creation

3 Professions

4 Mechanics

5 Special Abilities

6 Combat Rules

7 Magic

8 Equipment and Magical Items

9 The Free Peoples

10 Creatures

Appendix: Map's and other stuff

However, this little project of mine was started before Chaosium released the new BRP core rules. As such Chapter 2 will need to be re-drafted to a support for Middle-earth character creation in conjunction with the BRP core rules. Chapters 4, 5 & 6 will also need to be revamped as they were heavily based on the original Runequest rules, at the very least Chapter 4 will become Spot Rules.

I would like (time permitting) to finish the Magic chapter, then complete both the Equipment/Magical Items and Professions chapters. The other uncompleted chapters are now kind of redundant I guess.

Thank you. Best of luck in your work.

You will always have an appreciative fanbase on this site.

Likes to sneak around

115/420

• 3 months later...

Fergo, let me just go on record as saying that I wouldn't find the remainder of the chapters redundant:

- first, I like your take on things, and don't see any reason why that wouldn't continue to be the case

- I'm more familiar with (and love) the RQ rules anyway, so being based on that probably makes your set more appealing (to me) as-is

But OTOH I can see that you might find it making more sense to produce a BRP supplement, as it were, rather than a stand-alone set.

In any case, I'm happy to support whatever decisions you make. You've done some fine work!