God Forgot People

10baseT

What kind of people are in God Forgot and what color are they? Reading the Guide, I can't tell if they're Brithini or Ingareen (and i may have that wrong). Then, in Prince of Sartar (Chap 3, 29 - City of Wonders) the Mind of the Talar, Carvak Zirian, is blue. I didnt know they were blue, are they all blue, Horali, Dronal, etc. I saw his Law rune on his hat, which I notice is tall, like a proper Zzabur, right? For some reason, i always thought there would be a symbol of an eye (eye that pierces the veils), but i couldnt find much on that.

Edited by 10baseT

7 minutes ago, 10baseT said:

What kind of people are in God Forgot and what color are they? Reading the Guide, I can't tell if they're Brithini or Ingareen (and i may have that wrong). Then, in Prince of Sartar (Chap 3, 29 - City of Wonders) the Mind of the Talar, Carvak Zirian, is blue. I didnt know they were blue, are they all blue, Horali, Dronal, etc. I saw his Law rune on his hat, which I notice is tall, like a proper Zzabur, right? For some reason, i always thought there would be a symbol of an eye (eye that pierces the veils), but i couldnt find much on that.

There are Brithini in God Forgot, including a golden-skinned ancient Talar, blue-skinned Zzaburi, red-skinned Horali, and hardly distinguishable brown-skinned Dronari who blend in with the non-immortal Ingareens and Esvulari who are the typical brown-skinned wareran Theyalans. There might be some paler types among the Esvulari descended from the Slontan conquerors/city founders. I doubt that any influx of Jrusteli to the Ingareens would have made it past the Machine Wars. What Ingareens survived that conflict must have done so in Jon Barat or Refuge.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

So, are the God Forgot people largely Brithini in philosophy, or Aeolians, or something else?

Yes.

The Ingareens are a bit like Brithini, a bit something else. They have a significant number of primary producers - farmers, gardeners, fisherfolk, probably a lot less herders. They might cultivate a few food plants unusual to the rest of the Theyalan world. Judging from the expected marsh and sand soil, I could make a case for cabbages (like in Ditmarsia). Normally, the climate might have allowed perennial plants which aren't quite winter hard. But then, I expect the Brithini to have spells to bring olive trees or similar through their ice age, and why shouldn't the God Forgotten not have those?

Unlike the Brithini and the Aeolians, I think that a low level of sorcery is rather wide-spread among Ingareen artificers. Natural philosophers rather than crafters.

The Talar, a number of his zzaburi and horali are likely immortal, or at least aging very slowly. IMO most of the Brithini peasants are aging, but slowly, too. The most accomplished among the Ingareens may have found ways to slow down aging, like Leonardo the Scientist. Aeolians have a normal human life-span.

The Ingareen school of natural philosophy is built on the absence of Malkion: God Forgot. They did accept the (presumably unabridged) Abiding Book and Zistorite teachings (tied to the Malkioneran abridged edition thereof) in the Second Age. It isn't clear when the Talar and his Brithini staff arrived in God Forgot, possibly on Waertagi ships in the Gray Age. The Ingareens might be stray Kadeniti survivors of the Expulsion Walk, lacking the Brithini longevity for their troubled experiences.

I suspect that they retained quite a few of Malkioneranist ideosyncrasies in their survival ghettoes during the Machine Wars, possibly renouncing the Invisible God after the Fall of Locsil.

2 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

So, are the God Forgot people largely Brithini in philosophy, or Aeolians, or something else?

There's no Aeolians among the God Forgotten - they were a separate neighbouring tribe.  How Brithini the God Forgotten were unclear.  All that the guide p248  says is that "The people of God Forgot are now ruled by ancient immortals using the Brithini forms of life and government." but the definition of ancient is unclear.  Carvak Zirvan for example is only three centuries old.  Did they adopt the Brithini lifestyle after the calamity of Steelfall or before?  

1 hour ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

So, effectively, there is a unique and endemic "Ingareen School" of Malkionism they practice? Or do different communities practice different things?

Are they all immortal, or only some?

It's really unclear.

I personally believe the God Forgotten use the blue moon in order to purify themselves to make them worthy of God's attention once again.  This was the origin of the Purification Rune that the God Learners used to make Zistor.  The communities themselves practice various different types of inventions.  One community may specialize in craft golems to do all the farmwork around the place  

As for whether they are immortal, my personal impression is that they have been so since Steelfall which robbed them of their dreams according to King of Sartar p81.