Villages of the shores of Kjartan's Lake

Psullie

Neither village sits directly on the lake, IMO. The Enjossi main village is on the upper Stream and may be just "Enjossi Fort", "Salmon Weir" or something similar. The Richvale village on the Chorms River should really be part of the Balmyr tribe rather than the Locaem, or possibly both, but that complaint of mine has been ignored for too long to be effective.

• Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Thanks Joerg. The north shore of the Lake and the White River do fall under Enjossi territory. Some maps (p283 Sartar KoH) show an un-named (Upper Stream??) river acting as the border between the Balmyr and it northern neighbours, but others (p181 GtoG, and GM pack) do not. I'll go with Enjossi's Oath for the former unless informed other wise. Given their history Richvale has probably flipped back and forth between the Local and the Balmyr. But since the Dragonrise I wander what will happen to these former Lunar allies?

2 hours ago, Psullie said:

But since the Dragonrise I wander what will happen to these former Lunar allies?

In my game, set in 1626, the Locaem have yet to agree upon a new tribal king, and are in fact suffering from a curse of lethargy from either Orlanth or Ernalda (or perhaps both).  The Balmyr on the other hand are now under a new tribal king, basically an adventurer-type who has made good on restoring the strength of Orlanth to that tribe.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Joerg said:

Neither village sits directly on the lake, IMO. The Enjossi main village is on the upper Stream and may be just "Enjossi Fort", "Salmon Weir" or something similar. The Richvale village on the Chorms River should really be part of the Balmyr tribe rather than the Locaem, or possibly both, but that complaint of mine has been ignored for too long to be effective.

By gum, you're right! All the regional tribal maps show the area as Balmyr lands. Perhaps something changed between 1621 and 1625, though?

1 hour ago, Psullie said:

Can anybody tell me the name of the two villages on the shores of Kjartan Lake

Sartar Kingdom of Heroes clearly names the Enjossi settlement as Spawn on the map on page 281, which makes a lot of sense (It's called SPAWN on Greg's original map). Further detail can be found in the adventure book of the GMs Screen Pack (GMSP) Adventure Book page 17, it says they live around the lake and that their wyter lives in the lake.

Colymar Clans Map from the GMSP also shows the location of the Locaem village in Richberry Vale. It has the same relative positioning on Greg's map as Spawn, so it too is waterside. There's no name for it on Greg's maps.

• Thanks 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

6 hours ago, David Scott said:

Sartar Kingdom of Heroes clearly names the Enjossi settlement as Spawn on the map on page 281, which makes a lot of sense (It's called SPAWN on Greg's original map). Further detail can be found in the adventure book of the GMs Screen Pack (GMSP) Adventure Book page 17, it says they live around the lake and that their wyter lives in the lake.

Colymar Clans Map from the GMSP also shows the location of the Locaem village in Richberry Vale. It has the same relative positioning on Greg's map as Spawn, so it too is waterside. There's no name for it on Greg's maps.

Thanks David, I missed the reference on that map. Spawn is located adjacent to the Seven Falls, where as the one I'm curious about is near the White River, but it's likely the same settlement,