New adventures in Sun County and elsewhere...

MOB

Over coffee, I had a very pleasant and fruitful discussion last Sunday morning about a new series of adventures set in Sun County and the River of Cradles valley.

And we're also going to have exciting news very soon about opportunities for publishing community content material for RuneQuest and HeroQuest Glorantha on DriveThruRPG...

20190303_112929.thumb.jpg.f530a413e9f41c23695711f43b754bae.jpg

20190303_112942.thumb.jpg.6d689524529b950e00ed3de490ddec1d.jpg

20190303_113058.thumb.jpg.f377aa193b4347c9feb5cc591f97d501.jpg

Edited by MOB
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 6:38 PM, MOB said:

And we're also going to have exciting news very soon about opportunities for publishing community content material for RuneQuest and HeroQuest Glorantha on DriveThruRPG...

A little surprised that no one's pointed it out yet, but this is very intriguing to me. Looking forward to the news! :) No way it'll be an OGL but... a boy can dream, can't he?

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

7 hours ago, KingofElfland said:

I wonder why no mention of 13th Age Glorantha. I know there’s two companies to worry about, but 13th Age does have a SRD and an OGL, would that not make it easier to work out?

But I’m very happy to hear about RQ and HQ, that’s where I hope my group eventually ends up. 

This specifically is the RQ subforum, so I am unsurprised to see no 13G-centric content here.

That said, I no of no reason for there NOT to be more Gloranthan books with 13G mechanics...

I am guessing commercial offerings will come down to @Chaosium deciding whether a given topic will sell best as a HQ book, or a RQ book, or a 13G book!

And of course what an author pitches to them... 😉

I am utterly unclear as to how a DTRPG "community content" program would work for 13G (vs RQG/HQG), whether it would different, or not.

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

14 hours ago, KingofElfland said:

I wonder why no mention of 13th Age Glorantha. I know there’s two companies to worry about, but 13th Age does have a SRD and an OGL, would that not make it easier to work out?

But I’m very happy to hear about RQ and HQ, that’s where I hope my group eventually ends up. 

The 13th Age ttrpg is owned by Fire Opal Media and released by another publisher (Pelgrane), and 13th Age Glorantha is produced under a license involving both of them. So there are various considerations to take account of in getting a community content agreement worked out. Whereas for RQand HQG, it is simply between Chaosium/Moon Design and DTRPG.

Rather than delay, we are going to get the RQ/HQG community content resource up and running first, and then can look at including 13G in it too.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MOB said:

The 13th Age ttrpg is owned by Fire Opal Media and released by another publisher (Pelgrane), and 13th Age Glorantha is produced under a license involving both of them. So there are various considerations to take account of in getting a community content agreement worked out. Whereas for RQand HQG, it is simply between Chaosium/Moon Design and DTRPG.

Rather than delay, we are going to get the RQ/HQG community content resource up and running first, and then can look at including 13G in it too.

Great, I hoped it was license issues and not an abandonment of the system. And the adventures should be easy enough to translate anyway. 

14 hours ago, MOB said:

TYVM, @MOB!  Both for clarifying this & for your initial post.

BTW - my guess about a "pleasant and fruitful discussion" would be a teleconference with other members of the World Spanning Chaosium Conspiracy ...?

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

8 hours ago, g33k said:

BTW - my guess about a "pleasant and fruitful discussion" would be a teleconference with other members of the World Spanning Chaosium Conspiracy ...?

For that particular discussion, the conspiracy came to me for a face-to-face meeting in Melbourne, Australia...

• Thanks 1